Chapter 8: I talk to my parents

Light breaks through my closed eyes forcing me to open them. Creeping them open, I am surprised by the scene in front of me. I was expecting the scene of some demigod worrying over me but instead I find myself in some throne room. There were twelve thrones arranged in a inverted U. I find each one was filled and I knew each one was a god or goddess. They seemed normal except for their giant forms plus the power that radiated off their forms. I pushed myself up to my feet looking at each one. I recognize Dionysus on the right at the end of the U and Apollo on the other side in the middle.

"Why am I here?" I say looking at my parents not caring that they could kill me instantly but I knew deep down they wouldn't.

"Daughter," The god at the head of the thrones boomed. His eyes resembled stormy clouds so I figured from his looks and his position that he was Zeus, the King of the gods. "It pleased me to know you are alive and well." I snort at that.

"I'm not sure if I am truly well but continue." I say my snarky inner five-year-old coming out.

"What my husband is trying to say," The woman to Zeus's left said shooting a disapproving look at Zeus. "is we are happy to know you are where you belong and it is time we unlock your powers."

"I'm sorry?" I say not sure if I heard right, "The feeling under my skin isn't my imagination? I have more powers?"

"Yes child." Hera continued, "When you were born we had all locked your powers away so your mother wouldn't be hurt as you were born but from what we have seen, your powers were never fully locked away. However, it is time for them to be fully free. We will release the chains we have on your powers and you will have full use over our gifts."

"Does that mean I would have powers related to each of you?" I ask wary. The gods all confirm it.

"You ready my child?" Zeus said standing up from his throne. I nod even though I could feel my whole body trembling as the gods and goddesses all stood. Powerful threads flowed from each of my parents slowly before colliding with me. At first it felt warm like I was being embraced by each of my parents but it only lasted for a second. Excruciating pain flowed into every inch of my body making me feel as if I was being burned from the inside. I let go a scream that I couldn't hold back before I felt something inside my snap. The warmth increased until I felt it get released from me in one big bright light. I collapse to the ground so weak. I groan softly before forcing myself to try to stand. I felt the ground rumble as I stood. As I forced my shaky legs to support my weight, I noticed the state of the throne rooms and the gods. It was destroyed. The thrones were overturned with some of them cracked or completely snapped in half. The gods were scattered across the ruined throne room. I began to struggle to breathe as I brought my hands to eye level looking at them scared of the powers beneath its skin. How could I be more powerful than the gods? As I had a tiny panic attack, I felt my powers begin to thread off me spreading across the room. I watch anxiously as I tried to stop it believing it would hurt my parents more but it did something I was not expecting. It began to fix the throne room. The thrones got repaired to exactly what they looked like before my powers were released. The gods looked around the room in amazement before settling on me.

"Daughter, we didn't know you had that much power," Zeus said looking at me with a mix of awe and fear. Before anyone else could speak three old ladies appeared into the throne room.

"The Fates," Ares mutters under his breath, "What are they doing here?" They walk eerily toward me as the gods all scramble back as the three old ladies past them. The three of them stopped in front of me before the center one grabbed my hands.

A daughter of the gods shall be born

Lost of a friend she shall mourn

but true love she shall gain