Chapter 9: What now?

My eyes once again open to find myself in the Apollo cabin and instead of just Lee sitting by  my bed, I find Annabeth, Percy, and Chiron standing there. They notice my eyes open and move closer.

"I'm getting tired of waking up like this." I say weakly smiling at the four of them. Chiron lets out a sigh of relief.

"Don't do that again." Chiron says smiling down at me.

"I'll try." I say turning my attention to Percy, "I'm guessing I was able to heal you?"

"Yeah," Percy says smiling thankfully at me, "I don't know how but if felt like you gave your life for mine."

"I don't know what I did or understand what I did. I just listened to my Mom's voice." They look at me confused.

"Your birth mother?" Annabeth asks. I nod.

"She told me that sirens had the power to heal through a song that sirens are not taught but they just know." I say but when I see their curious looks I add, "She spoke to me when I was bringing Percy out of the forest." Chiron nods.

"So, Lee tells me you have more powers and are in control of them at least a little bit because you slammed him and his siblings into the wall before rushing out of the cabin in what I assume to be in search of Percy who you had no clue was actually dying." Chiron states looking at the wall where I slammed Lee into, "You also asked for the date like you knew exactly what was going to happen." I explain what the gods told me when they kept me in that vision but withholding the information about my prophecy.

"So, they released your powers that they apparently had locked away but they didn't do it well so your powers slipped through as you got older." Chiron said looking thoughtful. "I recommend you stay here year-round because I think the monsters will be drawn to you the minute you step out of here even more so then before." I nod and Chiron looks at me sadly before saying his goodbye and slipping out of the cabin.

"So, thanks for saving my life." Percy says looking at me smiling, "I owe you my life."

"You don't owe me anything." I say pushing myself out of the bed. "Right now though, I want to be active so help me out of this bed."

The rest of the summer flew by with most of the time being dedicated to training. Chiron trained me privately most of the remaining summer but I did have at least 3 classes per week where I was with a group. I've notice I was being treated differently since I was able to heal Percy and I slammed Lee into that wall. They've all become wary which ain't that shocking since I would be too but it made me lonely so I spent most of my free time near the lake. I thought a lot about the prophecy that the Fates gave me. I knew it meant I wouldn't have an easy life but how many demigods do? It also began to hurt as my new found ability to see the future in multiple paths caused headaches to form. Both emotional and physical created ones. I couldn't understand how Luke could do something like this when he cared for me as a little sister that he was just getting to know. I sigh and begun to play with the one bead on my necklace that we got as the summer ended. Maybe the prophecy had already begun or maybe it was just about to.

The time for the summer demigods to leave came to soon when I noticed the cars pulling up near camp. I wandered over to the crowd to watch them leave. I knew Clarisse and only a few of the Hermes cabin kids, most were the undetermined, would be staying the whole year so I was practically was going to be alone. No body, like I said before, was really wanting to befriend me again after my powers grew. They were afraid of me and I didn't blame them. I was afraid of myself. I still waved goodbye at the demigods as they disappeared with their mortal families. Percy and Annabeth come into view and I wave. They smile and walk over to me.