CHAPTER 23

In the deserted valley about three hours drove from the capital city of China, stood within which is an entire cluster of white buildings. The buildings are surrounded by tall electric fences and occasional patrol guards carrying genuine firearms walking past. All these indicates that this is no ordinary compound.

There were a big name plate written as 'Special Pathological Phenomena Research Center'.

The door is made by heavy steel. Guard by fingerprint, card access, and guardians completed with full firearm. After the door, there were several door that made by bulletproof glasses heading to the big hall, and into the corridor that seems never ending. The metallic doors open and close one after another, as if it is a monster rather than a person being held behind them — White walls, ceramic tiles, chillingly bright and gloomy, the air frigid.

In the very far building, separating by the heavy steel door that needs fingerprint access, two man, one wearing a bright white long coat and the others wear dark long coat, stood near each other, accompanying by an officer. They open the heavy steel door and the sight that greets them after the door opens is a huge glass wall, and behind the glass are black metal bars — prison cells.

The decoration behind the bars is neatly minimalist. The walls are all painted white and sunlight shines through from the roof window. The light reflects off the glass, casting bright patches in the room. There is a red chair in the center of the cell and the only fancy thing in the cells is a framed painting of sun that shine brightly in green field.

It looked like an ordinary prison cells, if you ignore all the doors that must be passed, and the cell that is now empty.

The one that supposed to be occupying the cells is no gone. The heavy black metal bars door are open wide. No pick locking, no fault play from any tools, no one. Just looked like that the door are being open normally.

"I want all the footages from this cells to the outside." The white coated man said.

"Yes sir!"

Before the officer go, the man in black coat add with, "And the file from this person."

"Yes Dr. Zhan."

After the officer went, the white coated man walk inside to the cells.

"Who did you think that they were being held here cat?" The white coat man asked the black coat man, Dr. Zhan.

"A dangerous one?" Zhan said.

"Have you been here before?"

"It's my first time."

The man in white coat turn his body to facing the man in black coat, "I thought that last night was your first time."

Smack!

"Aww ... cat, it's hurt."

"Dead mouse, say one more words and I'll top you tonight."

The white coated man move fast to Zhan's side, "Are we doing it again tonight? Are you okay?"

Slap!

"Bai Sir, we are already set the footages and all file about the prisoner 669 already set in the monitoring room." The previous officer arrived.

Lucky that the chief of S.C.I. – Special Criminal Investigation – Bai Yutang, already stopped being abuse by Dr. Zhan Zhao, head deputy of criminal psychology under S.C.I., when the officer were arrived, else the chief had no dignity to facing them.

"Let's let's." Bai Yutang push Zhan Zhao to the monitoring room.

The video in the cells of prisoner 669 show a clear vision toward the cell and the heavy metal door. The prisoner 669 were sit in the chair in the centre of the room. Looking at his painting. When the siren of lunch team was heard, an officer came in and bring the tray of food, but the officer didn't bring the tray to the cell, instead he put the tray in the guard table in the opposite of the door and walk right to the cell and the video got jinxed because it now all blank. Dark screen. No vision at all.