11

⊱ ───── { Jaemin } ───── ⊰

Jaemin takes yet another deep breath, trying not to get frustrated at the fact they have been at this sort of meditation for what felt like hours. Any time a negative emotion arose inside him, Chenle would lecture him to relax more.

"How about we try this, then?" Chenle speaks softly, "Imagine a person...or a place...or a thing that you wish to be with right now. Don't try to actively think of something. Let your heart decide where it wants to go."

Jaemin listens to Chenle, but the first thing that pops into his head is Jeno. He frowns slightly but tries not to let this get to him. Before he is able to try to come up with anything else, a voice comes to him.

No...this can't be right...

"What?" Jaemin speaks aloud, realizing the voice was, in fact, not a voice, but someone's thoughts.

Jeno's thoughts.

What are the chances we would find them in a place like this? It'd be fucking astronomical.

Jaemin continues to listen, hoping he could grasp onto something that could help him make some sense of what was happening.

No, you can't tell them the truth. The less they know, the better.

Jaemin continues to question what's happening and why Jeno is thinking the things he is.

How the fuck can she tell I'm lying? How would she ever know we weren't just friends?

There's a brief pause in thought which Jaemin assumes is from the woman speaking to him.

She can sense when someone's lying? What the fuck kind of power is that?

Jaemin focuses harder as he waits yet again. He feels his heart sink at his mention of Jeno and someone else not being just friends, but he tries his best not to actually think about this.

Fuck. This hurts.

Hurts?

Just tell them. Tell them he's your soulmate and try to hurry this discussion along.

It's then that Jaemin knows for certain he was talking about him. But who wanted to know what he was to Jeno?

This hurts. This hurts so much. How am I supposed to tell her he doesn't love me, anymore? How am I supposed to tell her I've pushed him away? How do I even begin to explain to her that I may be the reason her son will die?

Fuck, I hate this!

I have to promise her I'll find him and get going. Anything to get out of here.

Jaemin opens his eyes, breaking his concentration as a wave of nausea crashes over him very suddenly. He begins gagging, and Chenle hastily extends his hand out in his direction. A flash of light blinds Jaemin but dims to reveal a small white bin just in front of him. Jaemin grabs it and leans in just as vomit rises in his throat and projectiles into the bin with a disgusting splat.

Jaemin goes through about three waves of vomiting before he finally is able to stop. He breathes in a very labored manner as he continues to cling to the bucket.

"What the fuck was that?" Jaemin asks as he tries not to wretch again.

"I have no idea," Chenle responds with wide eyes.

"I could...I could hear Jeno's thoughts. He-he's with my parents. He's with my parents right now, as we speak," Jaemin explains, "I couldn't see, but I could hear him thinking."

Chenle remains silent as he listens to him, then nods in understanding.

"I think we're done for today," he tells him, "Go to the infirmary and get checked out, and I'll have to have a talk with Taeyong."

"W-wait! Was what I did bad?" he questions in a frantic tone.

"No, I just...I don't know what to think of this ability. I need to figure out if it's even possible to train you while you're still living," Chenle shakes his head, "Please ask Mark to take you to the infirmary and rest. You're worrying me."

At that, Chenle gets up from his place on the floor and strides towards the door. Jaemin scrambles to his feet, bin still in hand.

"What am I supposed to do if you can't train me?" Jaemin questions.

Chenle frowns deeply.

"I can't say," he mumbles before opening the door and exiting the room.