54

Jeno whistles softly to himself as he glances around the clothing store and waits rather impatiently for Jaemin to finish trying on clothes. He had only taken in a single pair of pants and two shirts, but Jeno wanted nothing more than to simply hurry up to buy them and head to lunch. His growling stomach was becoming somewhat unbearable.

"Jeno, can you please come in here?" Jaemin speaks as the stall door slowly opens.

Jeno furrows his brow but does not question this request. He approaches the door and takes a quick glance around the store to check if other customers nearby were watching. Finding that the few people inside the place were busy checking out stuff, Jeno quickly slips inside and slides the latch to lock it. He turns and finds Jaemin standing against the wall on the right side of the stall.

"Is everything okay?" Jeno inquires.

"I...I think I picked a size too small. I'm having trouble taking the jeans off," he murmurs with a slight pout.

"So..."

"Can you help me?"

Jeno tilts his head and stares at him questioningly.

"You honestly can't do it yourself?" he asks as his eyes lower to Jaemin's jeans. They seemed form-fitting, but no more so than what he would typically wear.

"Please, Jeno," the boy pouts even more than before, even giving him doe eyes to seal the deal.

Jeno sighs deeply and shakes his head but still approaches Jaemin. He reaches out and pulls up the slightly oversized black sweatshirt he had picked out to try on and finds that the jeans were neither buttoned nor zipped up. He hooks his fingers around the waist band and tugs down. Jeno's brow furrows as he realizes he wasn't having a particularly hard time helping get them off. He releases Jaemin's shirt, and crouches down. Using both hands, he yanks down hard on the jeans, managing to get them down to Jaemin's ankles in one swift move. He slowly stands to be face to face with Jaemin, giving him a soulless stare as he runs his tongue along the front of his top set of teeth.

"So," he says flatly, "Would you like to tell me why you lied?"

Jaemin smiles wide as his cheeks slowly turn rose red at this question.

"I...um...well..."

"I'm listening."

Jaemin bites his bottom lip for a moment before grabbing Jeno's waist and pulling him closer. His lips press harshly into Jeno's, kissing him roughly with a trace of neediness. Jeno does not oppose this, and instead kisses him back, though not for long.

"What do you think you're trying to do?" Jeno utters quietly in Jaemin's ear.

"I dunno," Jaemin whispers, though he isn't whispering into his ear. His face is turned away, and it causes Jeno to question why. He pulls back slightly and notices Jaemin quickly look away from the mirror. He tuts at him with a faint smirk.

"How about you finish up in here so we can head to lunch, already?" Jeno remarks, "And make sure to change into something that covers you."

"Huh?" Jaemin blurts out as Jeno turns to walk away. As he opens the dressing room door, he hears Jaemin hiss out 'fuck', causing Jeno to quietly chuckle to himself.

••••

Jeno looks up from his now empty plate and watches as Jaemin takes his final bite of soup. A bit of the clear liquid dribbles from the corner of his mouth, causing him to jolt and hastily grab for his napkin. He quickly wipes his mouth and glances at Jeno. Their eyes meet and he smiles sweetly, causing Jeno to beam at him.

Jeno notices how the sunlight which seeps in through the window of the cafe reflects off Jaemin's deep brown eyes in a manner that make them appear to almost sparkle. His skin glows in an inexplicably enchanting manner, keeping Jeno utterly captivated by his remarkable beauty.

"You're so cute," Jeno murmurs almost mindlessly as he rests his chin in the palm of his hand, keeping it propped up on the tabletop. He gazes at Jaemin with soft, glimmering eyes. Jaemin lowers his head as a small chuckle escapes him.

"I mean it," Jeno insists.

"Stop," Jaemin giggles as he uses his napkin to cover his face.

Jeno watches him and lets out a light sigh as the only thing that fills his head is Jaemin. He would kiss him right then and there if he could, but he did not want to risk doing so in a public place, especially in a city he was not quite familiar with. That aside, he determines that it would be incredibly awkward to lean across the table to do so. Part of him wishes to extend his hand across the table to be held, but it would still be far too obvious, though less awkward.

"Are you ready to go?" Jaemin asks as he calms down and lowers the napkin, revealing his pink cheeks.

"Yep, are you?"

"Yeah," Jaemin reaches for a few bags which occupy the seat to his left. Jeno does the same and the two get up from their table.

Jeno pushes in his chair and steps out into the aisle just as Jaemin had started to walk forward. They nearly bump into one another, but Jaemin jumps back, causing Jeno to notice his quick reflexes and chuckle at the action.

"Sorry!" Jaemin squeaks.

"It's okay, that was my bad," Jeno dismisses him, "I wasn't watching where I was going."

"Neither was I," Jaemin admits with an awkward smile that displays his embarrassment, but Jeno does not respond. Instead, he just chuckles and shakes his head passively.

Jeno turns to walk towards the exit when a tall man wearing a black pullover hoodie with the hood up suddenly body check's his entire left side as he passes.

"Hey, watch it!" he hisses.

"Sorry," the man mumbles as he barely hesitates with his back turned to Jeno before pacing hastily towards the front entrance of the cafe.

Jeno remains standing still, staring blankly towards the glass doors which the man had forced his way through. He can't seem to think very well not after hearing the man speak.

"Jeno? Are you alright?" Jaemin speaks softly as he gently touches his forearm.

"That voice...I swear I've heard it before. It sounded familiar...but I'm not positive...he was mumbling," Jeno explains.

"Well, if you really knew them, wouldn't they have stopped to speak to you? Would you not have noticed them before now?" Jaemin begs the question.

"Not really. I was too busy focused on you," Jeno murmurs.

"Ah, well...my point still stands. Whoever that was is clearly not interested in you or me or anything we're up to. Just let it go and let's get back to the hotel," Jaemin insists, "I'd like to spend some alone time with you."

"Are we not alone, right now?" Jeno questions with a puzzled expression as he glances towards Jaemin.

"In our room, Jeno. Like...alone-alone," Jaemin clarifies as the pink in his cheeks slowly begins to reappear.

"Ohhhhh," Jeno finally catches on, "Right. Let's head back, then. I really could use some relax time while we watch a movie."

"That's not what I-"

Without so much as waiting to hear Jaemin finish his response, Jeno strides towards the front entrance with giant steps that nearly leave Jaemin in the dust.