14

⊱ ───── { Jeno } ───── ⊰

"Before you go," Jeno speaks out in a stern voice as Jisung rests his hand on the doorknob to exit Jeno's study, "I want to say I apologize for earlier...but you have to understand, there is a lot of pressure being put on me to do the right thing. My father expects me to do the heavy lifting, and it gets a bit much, sometimes."

Jisung remains silent for a long, drawn-out minute before he turns back around to face Jeno. His expression appears cold, and the way he speaks reveals this to be true.

"Do you even know what you're apologizing for?" Jisung questions.

"Yes, I'm apologizing for snapping at you," Jeno nods as if confirming his own words.

Jisung shakes his head incredulously with a light scoff.

"As much as I deserve an apology for your shitty treatment, I think you need to take some time to actually reflect on what I told you rather than dilute this down to being 'snappy'," Jisung lectures him.

"I'm trying, Jisung, can't you give me some fucking credit, here?" Jeno grunts.

"No," Jisung retorts bluntly, "Because yet again, you're pawning this off on everyone else. Your father may be contributing to your behaviour, but denying that you aren't at fault for anything is wrong."

Jeno opens his mouth to refute this, but Jisung does not allow him the chance to do so.

"Let me put it this way: say you have a gun. The gun is empty and you have no intention to use it so long as it's a tool that can't be used. Now imagine your father giving you the ammunition and telling you to shoot at someone. Now that you have a reason to shoot, you do so," Jisung explains, "Your father may have given you the ammunition, but he never forced you to shoot anyone. You chose to do that all on your own."

"You of all people know the risks of disobeying my father," Jeno growls.

"Yeah, I do," Jisung hisses much like a cat, "And I still did it multiple times to save yours and Jaemin's asses because I knew you loved him. Or did you conveniently forget everything I've done for you despite knowing I could have faced eternal suffering and torture?"

Jeno grinds his teeth harshly in anger.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have somewhere I need to go," Jisung announces bitterly, "Come with me, or don't. I don't care, anymore."

"Why would I go with you?" Jeno responds.

"Because I'm going to be collecting a few items that I think you should take a moment to see."

"And what are they?"

"Come with me and figure it out yourself."

Jeno hesitates, feeling immensely curious while simultaneously not wanting to be around Jisung any longer. Unfortunately for him, his curiosity is far more powerful and demanding than his anger. He determines to put his rage aside for just a little while to figure out what it is Jisung was looking for.

Jeno takes long strides towards Jisung, his shoes clomping against the floor as he goes. As he reaches Jisung, he stops and takes his hand, ensuring he grips on tightly as he glares into his eyes.

"You have ten minutes to convince me to stay with you," Jeno says flatly.

"I'll only need one," Jisung challenges him.

Jeno raises his brow, intrigued by how confident he is in himself.

"We'll see, then," Jeno agrees.