34

Jaemin walks inside the white, padded room with Donghyuck at his side. The tanned male keeps his arm wrapped securely around Jaemin's waist as the latter rests his arm lazily around Donghyuck's shoulders.

The room is practically empty with only a bed inside. Jaemin can't help but get the feeling that it was some sort of cell to trap him in. A sort of solitary confinement that was specifically for him. At this realization, Jaemin questions how he managed to go from being locked away in his room and controlled by his aunt to being imprisoned in a place filled with angels that were supposed to be protecting him and caring for him. It makes Jaemin overwhelmingly upset as he comes to terms with the fact that the only time he ever truly felt free was at Jeno's side. Everyone else had confined him to a room with four walls and told him what to do, but Jeno never treated him like a prisoner.

Oh the things he'd give just to feel that taste of freedom, again.

Donghyuck helps Jaemin to sit on the edge of the bed and as he moves back, Jaemin watches as disgust and discontent cover his face upon getting a good look at the barren room.

"I didn't realize they chose to design your bunker like a padded cell for someone who's mentally disturbed," he points out in a flat tone, "That kind of feels a little fucked."

"Yeah..." Jaemin agrees quietly.

"How're you holding up?" Donghyuck quickly changes the subject with a shake of his head.

"Okay...I guess..." Jaemin murmurs.

Donghyuck glances back at the open door, then returns his attention to Jaemin.

"I'm sorry about what happened with Jeno," he mentions with deep sincerity laced in his voice.

"It's my fault. I should have tried harder to make sure Chenle couldn't find me," Jaemin drops his gaze to his hands which rest in his lap. He begins picking at his nails as he takes note of how long they've gotten.

"But it's not your fault. Jeno could have walked away, but he didn't. Instead, he sacrificed Chenle and tried to-"

"He was following orders," Jaemin defends him, "And he didn't hurt me, Donghyuck. He couldn't do it. He spared me."

"Him sparing you doesn't take away the fact he fully intended to sacrifice you, too. And it doesn't make it any better that he followed orders when he knows the consequences for following through with it."

"Maybe he has a plan? He always does, doesn't he?"

"Unless the plan is to kill you and destroy both Heaven and Earth: I'm not sure he does," Donghyuck replies pessimistically.

Jaemin opens his mouth to speak, but instantly shuts it at the sight of Mark striding into the room. He shuts the door behind him and sighs deeply as he stares at Jaemin.

"Glad to see you've settled in," Mark states in a highly awkward manner, "Would you please lie down? I was told to do something before Hyuck and I leave you be."

Jaemin furrows his brow and stares intently at Mark, who stands tall with his hands shoved deep into the pockets of his white dress pants. Jaemin slowly positions himself to lie down. Once he's comfortable, Mark smiles feebly at him.

"Good...um...so...just close your eyes, relax, and clear your mind," Mark instructs.

"Why?" Jaemin questions.

"Please, just do it," Mark pleas.

With a vexed sigh, Jaemin closes his eyes and tries to clear his mind. Upon doing so, he feels Mark place a hand atop his forehead and a faint warmth emits from it.