61

⊱ ───── { Jeno } ───── ⊰

Blood drips from Jeno's hands as he stares at the space on the floor which the corpse of the possessed man had been lying just moments ago with his intestines spilled out all around him. Now, only the blood on Jeno remains as proof of both his existence and brutal demise.

Jeno climbs to his feet with his sacrificial knife in hand, and he slowly turns to face Mark and Donghyuck who stand by idly off the the side, close to the door. Mark stares at Jeno in complete and utter horror while Donghyuck refuses to look at him. Wishing to feed further into Mark's fear towards him, Jeno raises the knife to his mouth, and he licks off the blood and bits of flesh and organ matter left on the blade. Mark winces, but Donghyuck attempts to remain as unfazed as possible, continuing to stare at the floor with his arms crossed over his chest.

"If Jaemin didn't value you so much, I'd have said you were next," Jeno says darkly as he stares intently at Mark.

"Leave him alone," Donghyuck finally peers at Jeno with a scowl.

"I'm giving you a pass since you didn't know, but defending his actions when you know they were wrong makes you just as guilty."

"I'm not defending what he did, I'm telling you to back off. You've threatened him enough."

"Enough?" Jeno scoffs, "Enough? I don't think I have! May I remind you that he erased an indeterminate amount of Jaemin's memories with reckless abandon just because he was 'following orders'? I thought your fucking jobs were to protect Jaemin, not give him amnesia and put his sanity in jeopardy. And you say I'm a selfish bastard."

"Mark wasn't trying to be selfish and hurt Jaemin."

"Oh but you know who was? Taeyong," Jeno hisses, "He's been using Jaemin this whole time, and Mark complied in helping take what he wanted from Jaemin, and that is just as fucked up."

"Bullshit," Donghyuck snaps, "There's no way. Why do you keep making these outrageous claims about Taeyong?"

"Because he admitted it to me, himself," Jeno curls his fists up in anger, "He told me that he was doing what was best for the greater good, and the minute Jaemin's soul stops existing, he's not putting his own soul on the line to try and save him. He admitted that he doesn't care about Jaemin outside of stopping the apocalypse."

"And what if I don't believe you," Donghyuck states without missing a beat.

Jeno's eyes rest on Mark, who keeps his head hanging low.

"Ask your soulmate," Jeno puts the focus on Mark, causing the man to snap his head up.

"I...I don't know..." Mark barely manages to get out, causing Jeno to grimace, "Taeyong has always tried to do what's best. And he's so merciful-"

"Fine, don't believe me," Jeno cuts him off as rage fills his insides like a raging wildfire, "You don't have to. Just keep Jaemin safe and far away from that pathetic excuse of a god."

Jeno steps closer to the two of them menacingly. He takes the tip of his wavy knife and jabs it into the center of Donghyuck's chest, making sure it digs into him.

"And if you alert anyone to the fact we're here, I won't hesitate to brutally destroy the both of you in the most painful way I know how," Jeno growls darkly, "Do I make myself perfectly clear?"

Donghyuck looks down at the knife, then back up to Jeno with a deadpan expression.

"Am I supposed to feel scared?" he remarks flatly.

"You should be," Jeno mutters ominously.

"Are you three done yet?" Jisung's deep voice interjects, causing all three men to turn their heads and face the tall man standing in the doorway with a displeased grimace, "Because if I may, I would like to suggest that if you're so concerned about Taeyong or someone else finding out that you and Jaemin are here, then maybe you should make a demon blood pact."

"H-huh?" Mark stammers out.

A wicked grin spreads across Jeno's face, stretching from ear to ear at the thought of Jisung's suggestion.

"That's a brilliant idea, Jisung."

"Woah woah woah, what the fuck is a demon blood pact?" Donghyuck speaks up irritably.

Jisung sighs loudly in response.

"A pact which basically holds all parties involved accountable for upholding their end of a deal, and if you break it, you die," Jisung summarizes quickly.

"Hell no. Why the fuck would we do that?" the tanned boy exclaims wildly .

"Or I could kill you both right now and make this whole thing easier on me," Jeno raises the knife, pointing it at Donghyuck's throat

"Enough!" Jisung raises his voice, silencing the two, "Jeno: you can't just fucking kill them. You'll upset Jaemin. Mark, Donghyuck: just do the fucking blood pact so this shit stops. If I have to hear your bickering the entire duration of us being here, I'm actually going to lose my shit."

As Jisung utters his last few words, the room goes quiet. Jeno looks to Donghyuck, and Donghyuck looks to Jeno. Jeno lowers his knife and raises his chin up slightly as he maintains eye contact.

"So...what do you say?" Jeno finally inquires.

Donghyuck exhales loudly through his nose with pursed lips. He appears incredibly reluctant but seems to consider the idea, anyhow.

"Fine."

Jeno smiles smugly in content as he turns his attention to the timid man beside Donghyuck.

"Mark?"

"Y-yeah. Okay," he agrees.

"Alright then, let's do it."