64

⊱ ───── { Jeno } ───── ⊰

"So what the hell do we even do about that?" Donghyuck asks as he watches Jeno and Jaemin intently.

"Donghyuck's right, if Jeno's father has Renjun, it's a suicide mission," Jisung agrees as he rests his forearms on the podium and leans forward, "He's purposely trying to lure you both in, and to set foot in Hell would be to walk straight into a trap. Assuming Jaemin's vision is correct, Renjun is still alive, but most likely not for long if Jaemin participates in this mission."

"Yeah, Jaemin needs to sit this one out," Chenle speaks softly with a deep frown etched into his face.

"What? No! I don't wanna be benched for this!"

"Jaemin...it's too dangerous," Jeno utters in a gentle tone, "I know you want to help, but if we let you be a part of this, Renjun is doomed."

"I..." Jaemin tries to argue but instead falls silent.

"What are our options?" Jeno speaks out without giving Jaemin much time to think.

"Fuck...I don't know," Jisung responds, "It's clear that your father is persistent in getting you back and killing Jaemin, so even if we do manage to save Renjun, there's nothing stopping him from coming for any one of us."

"What if we all stayed in the bunkers in heaven?" Chenle proposes.

"Taeyong would never let me in," Jeno denies bitterly, "And he would separate us on the spot. There's no fucking way me or Jaemin are turning to Taeyong for protection."

"So, what then? Renjun and the rest of us hide out in heaven for eternity while the two of you go back to running away?" Donghyuck asks backhandedly.

"Well, I don't see another option for us," Jeno glares at him.

"Oh yeah, I'm sure that'll work perfectly," the tanned male's sarcasm hits it's peak.

"Knock it off. Both of you. Fighting won't get us anywhere, and it sure as hell doesn't save Renjun," Jisung lectures the two, "There must be something we can do that can ensure we all make it out of this alive and not have to worry about being hunted down by Jeno's father."

Jeno stares at a fixed point on the ground and remains silent for a minute before mumbling out the first thing that comes to mind.

"We could kill him," Jeno chuckles darkly, "I'm sure that would put an end to our misery."

The air goes completely still at Jeno's words. He notices Jisung and Chenle exchange glances while Mark and Donghyuck look around the room at everyone else.

"It was a joke. I'm well aware we can't just kill him," Jeno clarifies just a moment before Jaemin grabs ahold of his forearm. Jeno turns his head to face him and finds he's staring at him with wide eyes.

What about that sword Jisung used to kill me?

Jeno furrows his brow at him.

The Ares sword? What about it?

Couldn't we use it to kill your father?

I don't know. That I'm aware of, the sword has never been used to try and destroy a god, much less the devil.

Isn't it worth a shot?

Jaemin, we can't afford to gamble our odds when lives are on the line.

"Why are you both staring at each other like that?" Mark asks.

"They're nonverbally communicating," Jisung responds before directing his next question towards Jeno and Jaemin, "What are you two thinking?"