60

Jaemin descends the set of stairs that leads to a concrete room, lit up by a single light hanging from the ceiling; unfortunately, the light doesn't reach the outer perimeter of the room. It primarily stays within the small area which it is located. Within that illuminated area, Jaemin finds that both Mark and Donghyuck are standing in front of a chair with a man tied down to it. The man is relatively fit with jet black hair, and he wears a simple black hoodie and jeans. He looks no older than his mid-twenties, and he's indescribably handsome. The man growls deeply which startles Jaemin out of his observational state. The sound of his growls were far from any sound a normal human could make, and it causes Jaemin to feel uneasy. Even worse is the fact he wildly thrashes against his restraints as he does so.

Jaemin steps out of the shadows and into the man's field of vision. His eyes are glowing red and his face contorts into a disgusted grimace. The man jolts forward at Jaemin with far more force than he had prior, letting out a feral snarl as he does so, but the ropes tying him down prove to be effecting in doing their job.

"You!" he hisses as his gaze pierces through Jaemin, "Your day of reckoning will come soon enough. But you won't be judged by Taeyong, no. No, you'll have to answer to the devil, himself. You and that little angel, too!"

Jaemin expects the man to glance towards either Mark or Donghyuck at the mention of an angel, but he continues to stare intensely at him.

"You'll suffer in agony for what you have done! You will pay for your corruption of our precious antichrist! All of you wi–"

With a sudden, swift swing of his fist, Donghyuck punches the possessed man with every ounce of force in his relatively small body, knocking the man out with one blow. Mark stares unblinkingly at Donghyuck with his mouth agape. Donghyuck shrugs ever so slightly.

"What? I was tired of hearing him talk," he mumbles.

"No, I just...uh...never mind," Mark stumbles over his words, ultimately giving up.

Donghyuck shakes his head and redirects his attention to Jaemin.

"So you decided to come back," he speaks in a low voice, keeping his back turned to Jaemin as he opts to examine his knuckles, instead.

"Yeah...I did," Jaemin responds, pausing a brief moment as he considers how to inform Mark and Donghyuck of what he had seen. Ultimately, he finds himself allowing the words to come out of his mouth without fully processing them.

"I had a vision..."

"Vision? What do you mean?" Mark instantly blurts out in confusion as his brow furrows deeply, "Isn't your ability to be able to communicate with Jeno telepathically or something?"

"I...I don't know what my abilities are..." Jaemin admits as a wave of emotions crashes over him at Mark's question. He tries his best not to let his intrusive thoughts about how something must be wrong with him get to him, and he instead tries to focus on redirecting the conversation at hand. "But that's not important right now. We're all in danger."

"When aren't we?" Donghyuck scoffs.

"I'm serious. I came back to warn you guys. It's not safe," Jaemin steps around to stand in front of him.

"Nothing's safe so long as you're running around playing house and neglecting your responsibilities as an archangel to help protect the living from Je–"

"Don't you dare say his name!" Jaemin bellows out in anger quite abruptly the second he hears Mark start to utter out Jeno's name.