46

Jeno wanders out of the bedroom, dressed in a set of deep red coloured satin pajamas that match Jaemin's. He sees Jaemin twist his body around in the stool to look at Jeno. He smiles warmly at him and beckons Jeno to come join him. He pats the seat beside him, then waits for Jeno to come.

Jeno hops onto the stool and glances at Jaemin watching him with anticipation and a bright grin.

"Thank you," he hums before picking up his fork and taking a bite of eggs, "Amazing."

Though Jeno doesn't know how, Jaemin manages to smile even wider than before.

"Thank you," he responds as he takes his own plate—now empty—and shuffles over to the sink, placing it in carefully. He approaches the island, standing across the way from Jeno. He folds his arms on the countertop and rests his chin on top as he looks at Jeno expectantly. Jeno notices this and chuckles awkwardly.

"What?" he asks.

"This is our first day together without some looming threat hanging over our heads. How do you wanna spend it?"

Jeno chews his bite as he thinks hard on this question. He can think of a million things he could do with Jaemin now that they have the freedom to do so, but to try and decide what to do first was a struggle. He never thought there would come a day where he could do all the things he wanted to with Jaemin. Now that it's actually here, it just seems like a sort of fever dream.

"I think I want to just stay in bed today," Jeno decides, "No where to go, nothing to do, and no one to please...Well...no one but you."

Jaemin lifts his head and stands upright. He presses his palms into the marble countertop and straightens his arms, causing his shoulders to raise up to his ears.

"I'd like that," he grins. Jeno's heart does a somersault in his chest, and he realizes he's never been able to truly take the time to properly feel the emotions he does when he's around Jaemin. It was always overshadowed by whatever else was going on at the time, and to finally feel what it's like to share such a tender moment with him was almost overwhelming.

"Was there anything you wanted to do?" Jeno inquires.

Jaemin tilts his head back and forth a bit as he contemplates this. Jeno tries to hurry and eat as he awaits Jaemin's response.

****

Jeno gently brushes his fingertips lightly against Jaemin's cheek. Jaemin shuts his eyes at the feeling of his touch. He trails his fingers slowly down Jaemin's arm until he reaches his hand. He interlaces their fingers and feels that surge of electricity run through his body, once again. Both men smile warmly at one another, and Jeno knows Jaemin had felt it, too.

Jeno leans in and kisses Jaemin so softly that it was as if he were handling glass. Jaemin kisses him back but with less of a gentle touch. He takes Jeno's bottom lip between his teeth and gently grazes it as he lets it go.

The realization pops into Jeno's head that this room was fully intended to be for his father to stay in during 'business' trips and such. Though his father fully welcomed Jeno's utilization of his things, this room was not actually meant to be used by him, much less used by him to shelter himself and his angel lover. If his father knew, he would certainly be pissed enough to destroy half a galaxy.

Part of him wonders how pissed he would be if they-

"Lost in thought?" Jaemin utters quietly.

"Yeah," Jeno answers.

"About?"

"You. What else would it be?" he chuckles as he raises their entwined hands to his face. He plants a delicate kiss to Jaemin's knuckles and smiles faintly.

"May I ask what you're thinking about, relating to me?" Jaemin prompts him.

Jeno bites down lightly on his lower lip as he thinks of what to say. He didn't really want to express his train of thought, right now, but he knew Jaemin wanted to hear something. He hastily thinks up something else to say.

"I want to take you somewhere nice," he murmurs.

"Somewhere nice?"

"Yeah, like a nice dinner where you'll have to dress up for it."

"How are we gonna do that? We don't have any money. And don't places like that usually require a reservation?" Jaemin inquires.

"I can take care of that," Jeno dismisses him.

"So...you're serious?"

"Absolutely."

"Tonight?"

"Tonight."

Jaemin raises an eyebrow at him, clearly perplexed by Jeno's proposal to go.

"Why not celebrate being together, you know? We finally have the chance to do it, so what's holding us back from doing everything we've been wanting to do?" Jeno explains.

Jaemin grins from ear to ear at this, warming Jeno's heart to see.

"Nothing," he agrees, "Let's do it."