58

⊱ ───── { Jaemin } ───── ⊰

"Please! You have me! Let him go!" Jaemin screams at the top of his lungs as hot tears pour from his eyes. He could barely see a thing through the blur it gives him, but he tries his best to blink them away as to be able to see better.

A person stands in the middle of a spotlight atop a very small platform which gives them no room to be able do so much as move a muscle. Their hands are behind their back, just out of sight, with a thick chain running down from them to their feet where it's wrapped around their ankles to keep them bound together. A soaking wet burlap sack covers their head, concealing their identity. A thick rope is tied tightly around their neck, connecting to something above which Jaemin can't see.

"Yes, I do," a vaguely familiar voice speaks from the shadows just behind Jaemin, "That's exactly why I'm going to kill him right in front of you. He serves no use to me, anymore."

The sound of someone snapping their fingers once fills the room, and the chains begin to glow red. The man standing before Jaemin screams in agony as Jaemin feels his heart shatter. He struggles against restraints which bind him to a chair as he tries hard to break free, but it's all in vain.

Footsteps tap against the flooring as a man with relatively long hair walks into the spotlight beside the restrained man. He raises his left hand and snaps his fingers, causing the chains to gradually stop glowing. He turns his face towards Jaemin and smirks wickedly at him with black voids for eyes.

Jeno's father.

He grabs the top of the sack and rips it off the man's head, revealing a severely battered face that sends Jaemin spiraling.

"Renjun!"

Jaemin jolts awake, screaming his best friend's name as his eyes dart around an unfamiliar, practically barren bedroom.

"Jaemin? Jaemin, what happened? What's wrong?" Jeno asks with an alarmed voice as he sits up in bed beside him.

"It-it's Renjun! Y-your father is going to take Renjun! He's going to kill him!" Jaemin cries out in distress.

There's an oddly long pause before Jeno speaks, making Jaemin's stomach churn.

"Baby, it was just a nightmare," Jeno dismisses him, "I'm sure Renjun's fine. Just go back to sleep, everything's okay."

"Don't tell me it was a fucking nightmare! I know what a nightmare is, Jeno! That felt just like the time I dreamt of you murdering me! That wasn't a nightmare, that was real!"

Yet another long pause makes Jaemin feel utterly sick to his stomach. Something was very wrong.

"Jeno...what's going on?" Jaemin asks anxiously.

"Nothing. I'm just not sure what to make of you saying you had a dream that Renjun was going to be killed by Yuta," Jeno responds calmly.

"You're lying. What happened? Where are we? What did you do?" Jaemin fires off question after question as he tries to prompt Jeno to give him some sort of clarity as to what's going on as well as give him the chance to come clean.

"Nothing happened. After you passed out, I transported us to a small apartment in a city that's a long way from where we were," Jeno tells him, "I laid you down to rest and went to sleep beside you since I felt drained. Nothing else happened until you woke me up screaming Renjun's name."

Jaemin shakes his head in denial. He knew something didn't feel right about the way Jeno was acting. Though he could easily pass it off as jealousy, something deep in Jaemin's soul was telling him that Jeno was hiding something.