23

"Jisung, what the fuck is wrong with you?" Jeno bellows as he takes a small glass sculpture in the shape of a pyramid and chucks it at the tall man standing by his door. The glass hits the wall beside Jisung's head and shatters with a loud crash.

"What's wrong with me?" Jisung screams back, "What's wrong with you? I just got approached by Xiao saying you made a fucking deal with him! What the fuck were you thinking?"

"I'm thinking that if I don't do what he wants, he'll tell my father about me fucking J-fuck, I mean me wanting to fucking spare Jaemin!" Jeno stumbles over his words and winces as he hopes Jisung would ignore his slip-up, "If he finds out my plan involves keeping Jaemin alive and safe, he will fucking destroy Jaemin and then kill me."

"So fucking kill Xiao. He's a goddamn cat. How hard can it be now that he's got no powers to stop you, you fucking idiot," Jisung argues.

"Well, unlike you, he actually knows who the other archangel is! Even if I killed him, that forces me to have to find another way to figure out who it is, and spend fuck knows how long trying to get a name! I don't have that kind of time, Jisung! I need an angel and I need one soon," Jeno explains as he clenches his fists.

"You couldn't have just fucking trusted me, could you?" Jisung hisses, "You don't even know if Xiao is lying or not. You're putting your trust in a demon that has repeatedly crossed you, tortured Jaemin into insanity and borderline regression, and has tried to kill Jaemin. In what world does it make sense that he's helping you protect Jaemin while also being willing to blackmail you by putting Jaemin's life on the line?"

"I don't know, but at this point I'm fucking desperate, Jisung!" Jeno snaps, "Unless you have a better fucking idea that involves a less time-consuming method of finding out who the other angel is, then I need you to ask Chenle to help you make a trip to Heaven."

"I'm sorry, what?"

"You heard me," Jeno answers offensively, "There's no way I could step one foot into that place without being captured or kicked out. You need to go. I don't care what reason you go for, but you have to bring me back Hendery."

Jisung stares at Jeno unblinkingly with a raised brow.

"So Xiao wants you to bring him Hendery," Jisung says in a less aggressive tone, though he is clearly still disgruntled, "What the fuck does he want with him?"

"I don't know. Now could you please leave?" Jeno requests in a sort of grumble.

"What the hell am I even supposed to say to Chenle about why I need to go?" Jisung ignores him.

"Fuck, I don't know! Just say you need to talk to Jaemin or something!"

"About what?"

"About me? I don't care! Just get out of my room!" Jeno yells out, "Fuck! I need to find a way to lock everyone out! I'm tired of this shit!"

"Why are you so upset I woke you up?" Jisung narrows his eyes, "Haven't you been resting enough?"

"It's none of your fucking business, now get out," Jeno hisses.

Jisung's anger suddenly morphs into something else as a smirk replaces his grimace.

"Mmmhmmm okay," Jisung responds in a knowing manner that irks Jeno immensely.

"Shut the fuck up and go."

"I didn't say anything."

"No, but you're thinking something."

"What am I thinking?"

"I don't know, and I don't want to. Just fucking leave before I throw something else at your head."

"Oooh, I'm so scared," Jisung responds with a shake of his hands in mock-terror.

Jeno reaches for a knife on his nightstand, and Jisung suddenly darts out of the room, slamming the door shut behind him. Jeno can hear him trying to say something through the door, but he refuses to make out what he's trying to say. He knows he's taunting him, and he won't listen to it. He points at the door, and the lock clicks shut. He then sighs deeply and sinks back into his bed. He stares up at the ceiling as he mulls over how his dream might've turned out if he hadn't been rudely awakened by Jisung.