twenty-nine.

as mark walked down the stairs, he immediately walked towards his boyfriend, donghyuck who's sitting at the couch.

"i'll be back, okay?" the older said, picking his bag up from the end of the couch.

mark told donghyuck he's going to a business trip, for a whole week. he was guessing mark got promoted on his new work.

but what made him more confused is, why is jaemin and jeno going going with him?

"are you sure?" asked donghyuck, and mark's expression immediately softened.

"of course, i will." the older smiled and looked over to renjun and chenle sitting at the dining table. "screw both of you, if something happened to donghyuck." he mouthed and the two snorted.

"don't worry too much." both of them unintentionally said in chorus.

a car honked from outside, signaling mark to hurry up. he looked over to the window, and jaemin and jeno along with jisung, is waving at him.

"they're waiting." said mark, "goodbye, i love you." the older reached for the doorknob.

but before mark could open the front door, the younger immediately stood up, "are you forgetting something?" donghyuck raised his brows. 

"oh." mark simply said and smirked. he grabbed donghyuck by the waist, pulling him into a long, deep kiss, making the younger surprised, and both of the chinese male slowly turned around, not wanting to see everything. "good?"

donghyuck avoided mark's eyes, "i mean your phone. you forgot your phone." the younger said, giving the older his phone and looked down as a red tint brushed against his face. "but... thank you..."

mark released a breathy chuckle before he grabbed the younger's chin so they can match eyes, "i'll be back, okay?" the younger nodded and gave his boyfriend a smile.

he watched mark got out of the house, walking in the car. but before mark could sit in, he gave the younger another goodbye.

a year, a year has passed, meaning they've been living for a year, then out of the blue, mark told his boyfriend that he'll be going on a business trip, which is very odd, because the last time donghyuck checked, mark hates long rides.

i guess this is just very important?

the car started driving, "i feel bad..." mark said that caught all of their attention. "why?" jisung asked, looking at the older beside him. "would he get worried?" asked the older.

jaemin finally spoke, "you're going to see him tomorrow," he looked back at mark. "tomorrow night."

"shit, i miss him already." mark mumbled under his breath. "well, i miss renjun too!" both jaemin and jeno said in unison, which is totally unplanned.

"well, fuck. i miss chenle."