9

Ryan had slept with me the whole night but made his way back to his room before dawn. He made sure to kiss me deeply once more before he left, and I fell back to sleep for at least another hour.

When I woke, I felt like a silly school girl replaying the night's passionate events as I was getting ready to go down to breakfast. Since we were going to be spending the morning wandering the vineyards and winery, I knew I needed to dress into something casual. But I still wanted to look cute.

Even though we were in California, the Napa Valley area was pretty chilly in January. Though it was nowhere near the level of cold compared to New York, it definitely wasn't the weather for short sleeves or a mini-dress. Looking at my options from the clothes the hotel concierge had bought me, everything seemed to be made for L.A.'s warmer weather. I almost lost hope of finding something suitable, until I saw a cute casual dress I hadn't worn yet.

It was a simple, army green v-neck, maxi dress that had quarter-sized, copper buttons down the front. The sleeves stopped just at my elbow, and the midsection was shirred right under my bust to help accentuate my waistline while making my chest noticeable but only just.

As I was applying my makeup and looking myself over in the mirror, I started imagining Ryan ripping the buttons off to fuck me in the middle of the vineyard. My body tingled all over at the thought. I shook the image out of my mind, knowing I was going to be the last one down to breakfast, and since I was a guest, I didn't want to be rude. I quickly put on a pair of slip-on, tan wedge sandals, and made my way out of my room.

Thankfully, I could hear the sounds of laughter wafting through the air, so finding my way to the breakfast area was easier than I thought it was going to be. As I walked in, I saw Harry and Barbara Upton, along with Adam and Ryan sitting at a large oval, wooden table in the breakfast nook of their massive kitchen. Instead of walls, the area was lined with floor-to-ceiling windows on two sides, and the third wall had a large French door leading out to their flower garden.

"Wow!" I said, looking at the sight before me.

My comment startled Mrs. Upton slightly. "Vicky, Dear! Good morning!" She stood up to greet me with a kiss on each cheek. "Don't you look precious in that outfit."

"Thank you, Barbara." I smiled and greeted the rest of the members at the table. Making sure to sound as casual as possible when acknowledging Ryan.

"Please, have a seat." She gestured to the table.

There were two available seats. One next to each brother. As much as I wanted to sit next to Ryan, I sat next to Adam. "Mr. and Mrs. Upton, I love your home! But I have to admit, this breakfast area is probably my favorite part so far, especially with the view of your exquisite flower garden."

"Please, I insist you call me Harry. Also, thank you, Vicky," Mr. Upton responded. He proceeded to shovel a literal, silver spoon of perfectly scrambled eggs onto my plate, followed by some breakfast sausage links, and fruit. "Barbara actually put the garden together herself. She has a wonderful green thumb and didn't want anyone helping her with that area, no matter how much I urged her to hire someone."

"No one would have been able to create what I had envisioned, Dear. Plus, I am perfectly capable of handling a flower garden on my own," Mrs. Upton said, defending her stance on the matter.

I found it amusing watching the two of them banter. It made me excited for my future with Eric. Eric? Why was I thinking about Eric suddenly? I glanced over at Ryan, who was sitting across from me but was avoiding all eye-contact. Or maybe he was just being polite and paying attention to our hosts like I had been, up until Eric injected himself into my thoughts..