17

From Friday morning to mid-afternoon, Sasha and I were locked up in my apartment, drafting, designing, and getting everything ready to send out the invitations. I was typing up the addresses for the envelopes on my laptop, while Sasha was distracted by watching soap operas. We never really had the chance to watch it regularly, since we both had your usual nine to five, weekday jobs.

"I swear, The Bold and the Beautiful is always creating such twisted stories! Thank goodness your life is nowhere near as complicated as theirs!" Sasha laughed at her own sarcastic joke, scooping her spoon into the carton of mint chocolate chip ice-cream she held in her lap.

I had to laugh too, as she wasn't far from the truth. I still couldn't believe Eric was so supportive of my career advancement opportunity. Even if it made me beyond happy, all night while I was trying to sleep, Ryan entered into my dreams again. Instead of him pinning me to the bathroom wall on the airplane, I was the one pinning him. I woke up overly aroused the next morning. I had to grab my favorite, very simple, pink vibrator from my bedside table drawer to try to satisfy myself. Eric had left for work early, so I was alone and able to take my time.

Though my vibrator worked for the moment, it didn't stop my mind wandering off through the rest of the day. While working on wedding stuff, I kept seeing scenes of Ryan in my hotel room or in his office or in the winery, fucking me in ways I only ever could do in my imagination. I knew I was nowhere near as limber in reality.

When we were done with the day's tasks, I wanted to go get a drink. Eric was working late again, and probably through the weekend since his trial was beginning that following Monday. "Want to go to the Grand Point Lounge?"

"That uppity place we went to when you first started working at your job?" Sasha or I hadn't been back there since then. I nodded. "Sure. Are you hoping lover boy will show up?" Sasha looked away from the television as the soap opera went to commercial again, even though it had just come back from one prior.

I puffed my breath at a hair that had fallen in my eye. "What? No. I just liked it there and could really use a drink after all this work. I swear, I've worked harder on this task than I do typing reports and filling out forms at work."

"Whatever! Just remember, it's going to be a bitch uninviting everyone once these go out to all one-hundred and fifty guests." She replaced the lid on the ice-cream and walked it back to my freezer. "I'll text Becca and see if she wants to join us after work."

"Okay." I rolled my eyes at her first comment, snapped my laptop shut and placed it on the coffee table in front of me. "I'll text Eric while I go get changed." I was still in my pajama pants and a long sleeve white t-shirt. I figured since we weren't going anywhere, I allowed myself to wear some lazy clothing.

I came back out fifteen minutes later, dressed cute, yet casual. I selected a pair of my favorite, navy-blue skinny jeans, with a long-sleeved, red and black plaid, button-up top. I had brushed my hair up into a high ponytail, leaving a few loose strands at the front. Sasha looked at me, and her jaw fell at the sight of me.

"Vicky, I don't know how you do it. But only you can make the casual, lumberjack-look look sexy." She bit her lower lip at me.

I couldn't help but blush. Even though she and I only hooked up once, maybe twice in college, Sasha knew I was just testing the waters and could never feel anything more than pure, friendship kind of love for her. "Thank you. Now let's go. I hear a martini calling my name."

**********

We got to Grand Point Lounge before the after-work crowd. It was a lot less packed than the first time, with plenty of seating available. Sasha wanted a window seat so she could keep an eye out for Becca, who agreed to join us after work.