50

Sasha did a great job organizing the bachelorette party. It started with an early brunch with all the women who were involved in the wedding, plus Becca.  My mother and Mrs. Walton were there, along with my two other bridesmaids, Ginny and Tracey.

Ginny was my best friend growing up in Naples. We lived in the same neighborhood and went to the same schools until we left for college. We stayed in touch as much as we could, and hung out whenever we were both home during the summer or holidays.

After she graduated from the University of Florida, she moved to Orlando. She started working as a front desk agent for one of the Disney hotels. She had the best personality for working there too. I don't remember ever seeing her not smiling, and her smile was a perfect one.

Tracey was my closest cousin. We grew up in Naples together too, but she was six years older than me, so we didn't really hang out as much as I would have liked when we were kids. But we were always close enough that I considered her more like my big sister. She worked as a teacher in Naples and was happily married to her high school sweetheart.

It was so great to catch up with them during brunch. It almost made it tolerable to have Mrs. Walton around. Sasha even got her to genuinely laugh at one point. It reminded me for a brief moment that Mrs. Walton was just a complex human, like the rest of us. As much as she was still manipulative and power-hungry, I tried to push those thoughts aside and make the best of the day.

After brunch, we made our way across the city in a stretched limo to a day spa. Everyone enjoyed the day in the hot tubs, saunas, and massage rooms. I also added a special treat for everyone and paid for them to get a manicure and pedicure. It was the least I could do to thank them for coming all the way to celebrate with me for just the weekend.

By the time everyone was relaxed and beautified, it was close to dinner time, so Sasha suggested we all go somewhere for dinner before we went clubbing. Everyone agreed. We found a restaurant near the spa that had a great selection of food, plus a full bar.

Mrs. Walton insisted dinner was on her and even ordered the best champagne for the table.

We all toasted to how great the day went, my upcoming wedding, and the last month of being a bachelorette. As we clinked our flutes together, I saw my phone light up within my purse. I sipped my drink as I pulled it out. It was a text from Ryan. I glanced up to make sure Mrs. Walton was still conversing with Becca and my mom before opening the message.

He wanted to know if he could come over and see me.

I excused myself from the table and hurried off to the bathroom. I locked myself in a stall and called him. I just had to hear his voice.

The phone rang only once before he answered. "Hey, you!"

As simple as that greeting was, hearing his sexy voice sent the usual shivers up my spine.

"Hey," I uttered softly. "I was just calling to let you know I can't see you tonight, but not because I don't want to. I really miss you. It feels like it's been a lifetime since I've seen you."

"I miss you too. After seeing you last night, I realized I don't care what you do, all I know is I want you. Whatever that means. Even if I have to share you with him."

"Really? What about me having to prove my love for you?" I asked as I skated a finger over the glossy, hard-plastic stall door.

I heard him sigh. "I realize you have your reasons for marrying him, and I don't want you to worry about jeopardizing yours or your family's future just for me. Meeting your parents last night, I can see why you would do what you're doing for them. Just from the brief exchange, I had with them, I could see they are good people."