51

I woke up the next morning with a major hangover. Taking in my surroundings, I almost forgot where I was. I sat up slowly, letting the sheets fall from my naked body, and held my hand against my forehead, as I tried to stop the world from spinning. Glancing around the room, I realized I was in Ryan's bed, but he wasn't there.

It took all my energy and willpower to force myself to swing my legs over the side of the bed. I saw a bottle of Gatorade sitting unopened on the side table. It hurt, but I smiled lightly at Ryan's thoughtfulness as I quickly opened it, taking a few small sips. I didn't want to take in too much, for fear of it all coming back out.

As my senses were kicking back in, I could smell bacon wafting through the bedroom door that was slightly ajar. I spotted a robe draped over the end of the bed, grabbed it, and threw it on. I reclaimed the bottle and slowly rose. It took me a minute as my equilibrium balanced out before I could make my way out the door.

I walked steadily down the hall, with the smells becoming more enticing, and stopped at the kitchen threshold. Ryan stood at the stove, flipping bread in a frying pan. He was wearing a pair of basketball shorts and a white, tank-top undershirt.

He spotted me staring and flashed his signature sexy smile at me. "Good morning, sleepyhead!"

I groaned, and instinctively my free hand went back to my still throbbing head. "Please. Not so loud."

He chuckled and flipped the bread once more, before moving it to a plate that rested on the counter by the stove. "I made us Eggs in a Basket and bacon. It's my go-to breakfast whenever I have a hangover."

He moved the two filled plates over to the small table by the window and beckoned to sit. I obliged and smiled at the beautifully plated meal.

I ate about a quarter of my food and already started feeling somewhat better.

"So how was the club? Seems like you enjoyed yourself," he mentioned as he finished his last bite.

"It was great. Tracey, my cousin, won a lip sync battle, and we got to take a picture with the drag host, Jessica Rabbit!"

"That does sound like fun." He smiled as he stood. "Are you done?" 

I nodded, and he proceeded to collect the plates and placed them in the sink. The clanking of the dishes made me wince slightly, but it was tolerable.

I saw the time on his microwave, realizing I should probably get back to my apartment, to my parents. I stood up, walked over to Ryan, and rested my hand on his chest. "Thank you for last night. And for being my hero this morning."

He leaned down and kissed me. "Anything to make you happy."

I couldn't help but blush. "Do you mind if I use your shower quickly before I head home?"

"You don't have to ask." He kissed me again. "Mind if I join you?"

I smirked. "You don't have to ask."

*****

By the time I got back to my apartment, it was almost lunchtime. My parents had spent the morning utilizing the gym on the ground floor of my building and packing. I was sad that they were flying home so soon and begged them to change flights so they could stay one more day with me. My father laughed at the suggestion and reminded me how much it would cost to switch their tickets last minute.

I had picked up a pizza on the way home, and we enjoyed eating our lunch while sitting around my living room. It was nice talking to them and catching up on what we had all done the day prior. 

My father told us about Eric's bachelor party. They had spent the day at Chelsea Piers, Golf Club driving range, and then they switched gears and went into the city for dinner. He mentioned that he headed back to my apartment as the rest of the young men went out. He didn't specify where, and I didn't really know either. But then again, I didn't really care to know.