27

Becca went above and beyond with our dinner Friday night. Everything was so good that even Eric was impressed with the flavors. She made vegan fried rice, with vegan spring rolls, and miso soup. Then for dessert, she made a loaf of delicious vegan banana bread. We all were stuffed happily by the end.

After dinner, Sasha and I stayed at the dining table to work on the seating charts. Eric and Becca had moved over to the couch to chat and watch basketball, which they both loved. Sasha and I both appreciated it since we weren't into sports in the slightest and always avoided watching it whenever we could.

So far, we had eighty RSVP's, and all confirmed they were going to attend the wedding. I started feeling nervous about my dad having to spend so much money. But I had to remind myself that my mom assured me that while my dad was frugal, he wanted to make sure my day matched the one in my dreams.

Sasha picked up the next batch of RSVP cards. "Okay, next we have Mr. and Mrs. Herman." As Sasha read the names allowed to me, her eyes darted to Eric then back to me. "The Herman's you work for are coming? You didn't invite all the brothers, too, did you?"

"What? No. Eric's parents are friends with his parents." I gave Sasha a look back that told her not to make a big deal of this.

Eric tilted his head back on the couch to glance over at us. "You can invite Peter, Adam, and Ryan if you want to, babe."

"No, that's alright." I was a little too quick with my response. I added, "My dad would have a fit if we added any more people. Plus, seeing them makes me think of work, and I don't need to think about any of that on my wedding day."

Eric chuckled and nodded before turning his attention back to the game.

"So, where should we seat them?" Sasha looked at the seating chart she created on her computer. 

I knew I needed to think strategically about where to seat them like I had with the other guests. I pointed at the table that was next to where my family and Eric's family were seated. That way, the owner of the company I worked for would feel like I put thought into where they sat. And it was good to keep them near people I knew they knew, in case they didn't know any of the other guests.

"Also, have the Upton's RSVP'd? If so, we should sit them at that table as well." I knew that would help solidify the company's relationship with the Upton's too.

Sasha flipped through the responses and found the Upton's had responded that they were going to attend. She instantly selected the two seats by Ryan's parents. Though they were the easiest of the rest. The more the spots filled up, the more we ended up having to play musical chairs. I dreaded that we'd have to redo it when we got more RSVP's over the coming weeks, but at least we had the bulk of it down.

We were finally done by ten, and we were wanting to head home. We hugged and kissed Sasha and Becca goodbye and made our way out. Eric didn't like us taking the subway so late at night, so we hailed a cab as it was passing. It quickly spotted us and pulled over.

Eric gave him our address, and we were off before I could get even relatively comfortable in the seat. Eric clasped his fingers between mine. "If you're this good at planning our wedding, I can only imagine how great you'll be when I decide to finally run for an office position."

"Well, you may have to hire Sasha to be your Campaign Manager. She's the real planner out of the two of us."

Eric wrinkled his nose slightly at the idea. Though he tolerated Sasha, he too was not her biggest fan. "I'll have to think about that one."

I laughed and kissed his cheek. "I hope one day, you two will be friends again."

"We're friendly enough. Besides, I don't hate her, I just couldn't be around her without trying to pull my hair out after too long."