5. Baby steps

This is kind of a lazy chapter. I just got done with my PSM test.  I promise the next chapter would be better.

The next morning Aira woke up feeling refreshed. She was Farah doing her namaz. She slowly limped to the washroom so that she could get fresh before her morning prayer. Though she wasn't a person with blind faith she did believe there was a God somewhere. Her phone chimed.

She groaned. 

POOH and FAM.

HENRY CAVILL SPOTTED WITH MYSTERY WOMAN AT KINGS HOSPITAL.

Mr. Cavill was seen with an Indian origin lady around nine pm last night.  The woman was admitted in the hospital for a week and Mr. Cavill was a regular visitor. Blah...

Aira saw a picture of Henry helping her climb into the car. Another of him pushing her wheelchair to the parking lot.

Avni: we need answers. We know it's you. Farah is there. Both of you have a long story to tell.

Navya: yep.

Aira: Farah is doing her Namaz and I am on my way to poop so the story needs to wait.

Just then she got a second message from Henry.

Henry

Henry: Good morning.

Aira: Good morning.

Henry: did you see the news? I am sorry. I didn't know I was being followed.

Aira: I think someone inside the Hospital did it. Sometimes they forget the patient confidentiality and stuff.

Henry: everything okay? You are not angry at me.

Aira: I should be angry at them. 

Henry: free today?

Aira: got a week off. I need recurparate. As told by your dear friend Andrew.

The other chat chimed.

Navya: Do we need to know that? I am eating my lunch here.

Aira: you are a Pathologist you do get your share of stool samples. Path similies make you hate food. Let me quote "Cheezy white" necrosis. Nutmeg liver. I can't have nutmeg pickle without thinking about CVC liver.

Avni: thank you for making me lose my appetite for the day.

Aira: haha...

She went back to Henry.

Henry: Can I pick you up at Eleven? Maybe we could go out.

Aira's breath hitched. She paled. She wanted to end this. Why would someone like him want her? All she could see was a girl broken beyond repair. She sighed.

Aira: I will let you know. I am going to the temple. I don't know when I would be back. 

Henry: I can pick you from there. Which temple are you going to?

Aira: ISKCON 

Henry: isn't it a bit far?

Aira: I will take the taxi.

Henry: When are you leaving?

Aira: In an hour. Why?

Henry: I will pick you up.

Aira: No need!!

Henry: why?

Aira: umm... I would be wearing a saree and I am sure you will laugh.