Poop and Dresses

PLEASE DONT KILL ME AT THE END

A small movement at her feet woke Aira up, she saw Kal nudging her feet.

"What happened Bear? She asked him, Kal just turned his head to the door. Asking her to follow him. She turned to see Henry's side empty, but it was warm. She noticed a note in the nightstand.

Gone for a run, didn't want to wake you up. Be back soon,

Aira fished out her shirt from the night before. She haphazardly buttoned it and followed Kal out of the bedroom. He led her to Cora's crib.

"What?!!!" Aira felt like she burst a coronary. She saw her daughter sitting up on her crib smeared in her own poop. The two-year-old had managed to open her diaper and had her chubby hands into the waste and had smeared it over her chest face and head. Cora was laughing in glee. She turned to Kal, "Get your dad." She deadpanned. Kal nodded and ran out of the room.

"Kal! No running in the house."

"What do I have here?" Aira turned to Cora. When did Cora become a fan of poop, if she remembered correctly, till a week back carrots were under the classification of poop and it was gross.

"Aia, poop." Cora offered her a chunk of her poop to Aira as if it was diamond. It must be the payback for pooping on Dad all the time, she thought. "Baby... don't you know poop is yucky."

"What the-" She heard Henry, she turned to see a very sweaty Henry standing at the door. "Yeah, you are seeing what I am seeing." Aira confirmed, Henry's face screamed 'Am I seeing this?'. "But when did poop turn to be her favourite." He asked incredulously.

"Since now," Aira said as she picked up Cora, she walked to the washroom and placed the toddler on the floor. Cora was looking at Aira, she still was offering the chunk of poop to Aira. Aira was considering options.

"What are we going to do?" Henry asked as he followed his girls to the washroom. Aira was standing there next to Cora, who was jabbering on, with her hands on her hip, forgetting that she was soiling her own shirt.

"I don't think I ever crossed a baby covered in poop outside the labour room, so I am as clueless as you." Aira said, "Congratulations I am enjoying parenthood." Aira chuckled. "Okay, I will hold her over the toilet bowl, you spray the water from the jet."

"Sure it's a good idea?" Henry asked her confused, "I don't know, we could get off some dirt first and then give her a proper bath."

"I think I will run a bath, we will wash her once, drain off the water and then give a proper bath," Henry said, Aira nodded. He proceeded to draw the bath. He then walked to the toddler, who was talking to Aira, and making her bargain so that Aira would buy the chunk of poop in her hand.

"Dada, poop." She turned to Henry.

"Sorry Bug, we need to part with your precious poop," Henry explained, Aira wondered how he was able to hold breath, even years of working with children at times she finds it difficult to not gag at the smell of poop. Henry prompted Cora to drop the chunk into the toilet bowl, who did that after the promise of a chocolate. Henry placed Cora in the bath, Aira helped him clean up Cora.

By the time they were done cleaning up their daughter the couple was drenched head to toe. How so ever they tried to evade the tsunami Cora created during her baths they failed spectacularly. Aira felt her shirt cling to her like a second layer of skin. Henry had abandoned his black singlet. Aira wanted to do the same, but she wasn't feeling brave enough to do it. She knew her light shade shirt was already leaving very little to imagine. She shook her head, " you doc need to clean up," Henry said as he scooped Cora up. He threw a dry towel at her, "go shower, I will take care of our poop baby."