15. Horses

I was having serious writer's block. I started writing this chapter as soon as I wrote the last one but I was going at snail's pace. last night I my mind kind of cleared. intially the chapter was really long but I have split it into two... Because I realised I love keeping them short.

The drive to the club was smooth. Henry had some old songs playing. He loved old songs, especially the nineties. Aira didn't recognise most of them but suddenly the music changed to Zombie. She started to sing along. He looked at her surprised. She smiled at him.

"We sang this at a college fest. One of my seniors introduced me to Cranberries. She taught me the basics of western music. My accent ruins most songs." She said once the instrumentals came.

He was amazed. She could dance, sing and cook what else was hidden in this little flower. He thought.

"Do you sing?" She asked him. The song had transitioned into the end musical. He smiled.

"Do you?"

"Find out on your own." He said cockily. Aira huffed and rolled her eyes. "You don't even sing in the bathroom, how am I supposed to know?" She scoffed.

"Find out darling. The answer might surprise you."

"So you do sing."

"I didn't say I sing." He gave a smug reply. "Urgh!" She screamed, resting her head on the dashboard. Henry was gwaffing. She turned her head, forehead still resting on the dash, and glared at him. "You are so easy to irritate." Henry cooed at her. Aira huffed and pouted, her hands crossed over her chest. Henry had a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. Oh god. She felt a flutter in her heart. She realised she was falling for him. Falling so hard for him.She turned her head and looked outside the window.

Henry looked at her, her hair was up in a ponytail. Her hair looked like a bunch of grapes. She wore a pair of silver hoops as earring. She didn't have much makeup other than some eye makeup and some colored lip balm. She rarely wore lipsticks. He noticed a small strand of baby hair coiled in front of her ear. Her lashes looked long and beautiful. She was biting her lip. Henry tried not to groan; she looked sexy while doing that. He adjusted himself in the seat. She pushed the stray stand behind her ear. She looked so young. She looked relaxed, all the worry lines gone.

Aira felt his eyes on her. She bit her lip nervously, pushed away the annoying strand of hair.

"The road is ahead Henry." She teased him, despite being nervous. Henry looked away sheepishly. Aira giggled. He grunted in annoyance. She rolled her eyes.

They reached the club. He asked her to put on the sunglasses. Aira lifted her scarf to cover her face. "They know I come here whenever I am in town. Someone would be there." He said as he guided her into a posh building. It was made of wood. He smiled at the valet. They entered a bar. Henry guided her to a secluded area.

"To be away from prying eyes." He said as he pulled a chair for her. "I will get you drinks."

"I will go for Coke." She said, he raised an eyebrow.

"I am kind of like Six drink Amy at drink one." Aira said sheepishly.

Henry chuckled as she said that her alcohol tolerance was terrible.

"Not even wine." He asked.

"Nope." She said.

Henry left to get their drinks. A few minutes later Aira felt someone sit next to her.

"What are you doing alone here, Darling?" Aira jumped at the voice.

She saw an Indian man next to her. He had a typical South Indian ruggedness.