30. Come Back Soon

This is more of a filler chapter. 

Aira was staring at the picture Henry sent her. It was a beautiful sunrise. She smiled,

H: Good Morning Flower.

A: Good Morning,

Her phone buzzed, she picked up the call as she got up.

"Hey," Henry panted as he did his morning jog.

"Hey, what are you doing?" She asked as she placed pillows around a sleeping Cora. 

"Running," He winked at her, she rolled her eyes. She sighed as she noticed Cora sucking her thumb again, she removed the tumb and placed her pacifier back.

"What happened?" Henry asked as he noticed Cora curled up next to Aira.

"Nightmare, she woke up within half an hour. I tried to make her go back to sleep but she clung on me." Aira said, "That son of a biscuit literally shook my Bud," Aira muttered angrily.

"Chill Flower, now give Cora a kiss from me."

"Dada.." They heard Cora ask for him sleepily, she had woken up listening to his voice. Aira showed the phone to the toddler. Henry was making faces at Cora, she giggled at him. "Slept well, baby," Aira cooed as she scooped Cora up into her lap. "Yeth Mama,"

"Hey Bug, you been good to your Mum?" Henry asked Cora, Aira saw him grinning wide at them. Aira combed through Cora's hair.

"Yeth, Cowa Gooth," She said hugging Aira's neck. Henry smiled. "Okay girls I will ring up in the evening." Henry paused, "Aira, Mum offered to help you out till I am back,"

"Henry I can manage,"

"I know you can try talking to Mum," He said chuckling. "You know your mother won't listen to any of us,"

"That's the thing babe; she is already packing for London with Dad," Aira sighed in defeat.

Breakfast was a disaster with Cora brewing a storm up because Aira refused to let her have more chocolate sauce with her smashed banana's.

"Cora... You know too many chocolates aren't good." Aira said as she took the stroller out of the cupboard. Cora pouted and huffed.

"Bug," Aira warned her.

"I lub lates,"

"I know Buggy," She said as she strapped her to the stroller, Cora's playschool was at a walking distance. Aira was pushing the stroller as she walked through the pavement. Cora was looking at the passersby waving at them. Aira could feel eyes on her, she groaned internally. She was wearing a pair of black jeans and a faded shirt and a coat. She saw an old lady looking at her and Cora and smiling. Aira smiled back, she saw Cora's playschool.

"Doctor Nair," Cora's teacher greeted her. "Good Morning Mrs.B" Aira greeted. "Hey, junior ready to be back at school," The older woman crouched down to Cora's level. Cora hid her face in her hands and shook her head. "Mama me giwl nighty,"

Aira chuckled. "Bug, this is day time so we aren't having girls' night right now," Aira crouched down to Cora. "Me Mama," Cora huffed, "Baby I need to go to work," Aira reasoned, "Mama," Cora pouted, her eyes filling up.

"Cora, sweetie, your Mum would be back soon, she needs to go to work and Jake was asking for you." Cora's teacher tried to distract her. Cora's face lit up, "Weally,"

"Yes," The woman agreed. Cora turned to Aira, "Mama Go," Aira chuckled as she helped Cora out of her stroller. She kissed her forehead, "Be a good baby, okay. Mama will be back soon." Aira said as she handed over Cora's bag to the teacher.