Chapter one: Kenny's otherside

Toni scrolled down pinterest. She had nothing else to do, especially since Kenny had yet to assign any customers to her or gave her any event. She checked the time on her iPhone.

"Oh shoot! I have to pick Mason up from school." She groaned.

She sighed running her hand down her face, not only was she late from having to drop him off at school but she was also going to have to ask Kenny to give her a 30 minute break so that she could go pick him up. She got up and looked around her office just as Kenny approached her office.

"Knock knock." He said.

She looked up at him and frowned.

"Hey." She said.

"Mind if I come in?" He chuckled at her nervous tone.

"No of course not. Come in." She pointed at the chair in front of her.

She sat back down checking the time on her phone once again. Kenny walked in further and sat down opposite her.

"I know I kinda came across as a 'rude ass person' earlier, but I meant no harm." He said impersonating what she said earlier.

Her eyes widened as she frowned.

"You heard that? I'm so sorry." She sighed.

"It's cool. I have a very important event for you." He said.

Her eyes widened with curiosity.

"Really?"

"Yes. Our annual Gala will be held at the Staples Center on the 15th of May and I'd really love it if you could be in charge of that-"

"I'd love too. Oh my god thank you Kenny." She squealed.

He smiled just as her phone lit up. His eyes landed on her phone scanning her wallpaper of her and a little boy.

"Is that your son?" He asked looking up at her.

She nodded.

"I didn't know you were married." He added.

"I'm not." She shook her head, "I also really need an extra 30 minute break. My sons school comes out in 10 minutes and I really need to go pick him up-"

"No problem. You can go." Kenny cut in immediately standing up.

She pulled her face in surprise at his sudden changes in heart. She got up and grabbed her phone and bag.

"Thank you. I'll be back." She assured rushing out.

He got up and looked around her office and the boxes she had yet to unpack.

"Where's Toni?" Noelle asked walking in.

"She'll be back. She went to pick up her son." He said turning around to face Noelle who immediately frowned.

She already knew this man had already grown a soft spot for Toni, especially since she had a son.

"You and Toni both have a meeting to attend in an hour."