Chapter fourteen: Fake apologies

1 week later

"Listen I have a meeting in a couple minutes. How about we go have some dinner tonight. Just me, you and Mason." Kenny said standing in Toni's office doorframe.

She smiled looking up at him.

"It sounds like heaven, I'll just have to call my dad and tell him that he doesn't have to make dinner for me and Mason." Toni said, "you'd be bailing us out a lot because my father is not a good cook." Toni grimaced making Kenny laugh.

"It's a date than." He said fixing his grip on the documents he had under his arm. "See ya layta shawty."

"Please don't say that." Toni laughed, he chuckled stepping into the elevator.

She shook her head and picked up her phone dialing her fathers number, she needed to let him know that he didn't have to make dinner because her and Mason are going to go have dinner.
_____________________________

Zoey walked into the building staring down at her shoes bumping into Noelle.

"Watch where- Noelle how are you?" She asked politely.

Noelle's eyes widened.

"Mrs Edmonds. Hi I'm good thank you, how are you?" Noelle asked.

"I'm good." Zoey smiled fixing her the strap of her bag around her shoulder.

"Kenny is currently in a meeting-"

"No it's fine. How's Toni?" Zoey asked making Noelle squint her eyes in confusion.

"I don't know we don't talk much..." Noelle slowly shook her head.

"Is she also in a meeting or is she in her office?" Zoey asked.

"In her office. But why do-"

"Thank you." Zoey cut her off brushing past her.

She took the elevator up to the desired floor and got off once it opened. Her attention immediately fell onto Toni that smiled ending a call, she sucked her teeth just looking at Toni mad her angry. She walked up to Toni's office and lightly knocked onto her glass transparent door. Toni looked up and frowned with her eyes slightly widened, she immediately stood up.

"Mrs Edmonds, hi." Toni said tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Hi." Zoey said looking around before she walked in further and held her hand out to Toni.

"I apologize for what happened at the Gala. I was out of line, I know that nothing is going on between you and my husband." Zoey said making Toni arch her brow shocked at Zoey's gesture.

"Are you going to actually shake my hand or not?" Zoey asked.

Toni nodded shaking her hand.

"May I?" Zoey raised her eyebrows referring to the chair.

"Yeah sure, have a seat." Toni said.

Zoey nodded placing her bag down on Toni's desk and sat down as Toni did the same.

"It's just that... I thought he was cheating because he doesn't look at me the way he looks at you- and you probably haven't noticed it but I've seen the way Kenny looks at you-"