Chapter five: I want you around

1 month later

"How's the new nanny?" Patricia asked placing Toni's drink down in front of her.

"She's good. I like the fact that she listens and does everything right, Mason likes her a lot and that's the most important part." Toni nodded picking up her drink.

"Iced caramel macchiato?"

"Yes."

"Thank you." Toni smiled taking a sip from it.

"So it's Friday night, me and Noelle are headed off to the club-"

"No!" Toni immediately shook her head.

"Oh come on, don't tell me you're gonna be cooped up in this office the entire night and than head home. What a boring Friday night! You should be getting your groove on, maybe meet a man." Patricia smirked at the thought.

"No thank you-"

"Even Kenny left and he usually stays here until after midnight." Patricia groaned trying her best to convince Toni to go with her.

"Kenny left?" Toni arched her brow.

"Yeah, he's attending one of the company CEOs bachelor party." Patricia nonchalantly said with a shrug.

"Noelle doesn't even like me." Toni whispered watching as Noelle passed by before Noelle stopped in front of her office standing in the doorframe.

Patricia laughed.

"You ready to go Patty?" Noelle asked.

Patricia turned around and faced Noelle.

"Yeah. I'm just trying to convince boring ass Toni to join us." Patricia said immediately making Noelle roll her eyes.

"I don't want to intrude." Toni said.

"She doesn't want to, I don't think we should force he-"

"You're coming. She's coming." Patricia sternly said.

Toni shook her head as Patricia turned off her iMac and began to place her stuff into her handbag. She forced Toni onto her feet and slipped the sling of her bag over her arm onto her shoulder and grabbed her hand.

"I didn't even save that file-"

"I don't care! You can worry about that shit on Monday. It's the weekend baby!" Patricia shouted as she dragged Toni into the elevator with Noelle coming in behind them, she wasn't too pleased with Toni tagging along.
________________________

"I don't wanna be here!" Toni sang over the loud music once they walked into the club.

"Oh come on Toni!"

"I don't like going out the last I did I ended up pregnant!" Toni groaned looking around at the club, she hadn't been to one of these in a very long time.

"What?! When last were you in a club?"

"Like 7 years ago-"