Chapter fifteen: An intricate relationship

"Let's get some red wine." Kenny told their waiter. "Will that be all?" he asked.

"For now yes. Should I order Mason a drink while we're waiting on Mariska to drop him off?" Kenny asked facing Toni.

She shook her head.

"No. He's very fussy, I usually just let him order his own stuff." Toni said as Kenny nodded before looking up at their waiter.

"That will be all." He said.

He nodded and walked off as Kenny faced Toni.

"This light really brings out the color of your eyes." Kenny said, "you're beautiful." He added.

She smiled as he took her hands into his and kissed them.

"This makes me so happy. I haven't been out on a date like this in awhile, the last time I went out on a date with a man he fled the minute he found out about Mason." Toni let out a sigh.

"Well... boys are usually afraid of that type of commitment." Kenny said making her frown.

"So you're taking their sides-" She snatched her hands away.

"No!" He protested pulling her hands back with a chuckle, "I said boys. Me on the other hand, I'm a man." He smirked confidently.

She shook her head with a chuckle before she looked around.

"Mariska's taking an awfully long time." Toni mumbled.

Kenny looked down at his phone, he pressed the power button and scanned the time on his screen, 19:46.

"Yeah... maybe there's traffic. Let's not think anything bad." Kenny said intertwining their feet underneath the table.

She chuckled.

"Kenny-"

"Call me Ken. I like that name much better when it comes from your lips." He teased.

"Ken." She purred making him chuckle.

He leaned over the table and kissed her lips.

"Mmm... I'll be back, I have to go to the restroom." He said pulling away. She sat back down and nodded as he got up and tossed his napkin down on the table.

He leaned down and pecked her lips making her giggle.

"Don't be gone for too long." She sternly said.

"I'll try not too." He chuckled walking off.

Ivan walked up to the front desk with Mason right beside him. Mason stared down at his iPad Kenny had bought him playing games, it seemed to be the only thing he was focused on. The waiter looked up at Ivan and arched his brow.

"This is a fancy ass restaurant-"

"Yes it is. We aren't a five star restaurant for nothing." The waiter smiled, "do you have a reservation sir?" The waiter asked folding his arms.