Chapter twenty four: Goodbye

Toni looked up at the two story house in front of her, she let out a breathe she couldn't believe she was actually about to do this. She shut her car's door and locked it before walking up to the front door. She rang the doorbell and waited. Soon the door was opened and there stood an unfamiliar woman.

"Hello." She said.

"Hi. I'm here to see Zoey." Toni said.

The woman scanned her from head to toe before stepping to the side.

"Come in. She's upstairs, I'll go get her." She said closing the door behind her.

Toni looked around and soon her eyes fell on the picture of the little that looked exactly like Kenny, she smiled to herself. It had to be Jodie.

"Don't touch anything." The woman sternly said before she walked off.

Toni rolled her eyes, just taking everything in. The interior was nice. Her attention fell onto the marble staircase where Zoey and the woman now stood.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Zoey groaned sucking her teeth as she came walking down the stairs.

Toni swallowed her saliva.

"I come in peace." Toni stated.

"In peace?" Zoey scoffed. "Please spare me the sarcasm." Zoey said approaching Toni.

"Donna leave us alone." Zoey waved.

"Yes ma'am." Donna nodded.

"What can I help you with home wrecker?" Zoey asked folding her arms over her chest.

Toni sucked her teeth, "you know I knew from the start. The minute I walked into his office and bumped into you for the first time." Zoey said scanning Toni from her face to her black and white Givenchy heels, and then she arched her brow. "You've put on a little weight." Zoey said making Toni frown.

Zoey immediately shook her head in disbelief, she walked up to the living room and grabbed her cigarette off the table along with her red lighter.

"I see Kenny's still not a fan of condoms." Zoey mumbled before she took a pull from her cigarette.

"That's no-"

"That's why you're here." Zoey pointed at her blowing out her smoke, "to throw that in my face. He probably told you how I couldn't have anymore kids, how it was my fault that our son died-"

"No that's not true." Toni shook her head.

"Of course it is! Why else are you here? You want me to congratulate you two huh? Well congratulations!" Zoey shouted angrily.

"I wanted to make a deal with you." Toni blurted out.

Zoey raised her eyebrows.

"What fucking deal could I possibly want to make with you?" Zoey spat taking another pull.

"Kenny loves his job... he's worked so hard for that company and I know that the only reason you're suing him is because you still love him and you don't want him to leave you, so how about I quit and go far away and then you two can be happy again-"