Chapter nineteen: That's mine

"Kenny!" Mason squealed hugging Kenny.

"Hey champ. You did great!" Kenny smiled ruffling his curls.

"Thank you for coming." Mason said to him handing Ivan his award.

"Best voice. You get it from me." Ivan said pointing at himself proudly.

"Dad." Toni chuckled.

"What you can't sing." Ivan rolled his eyes.

Toni sent him a glare making him laugh.

"I'm just kidding, you get it from your mama. She always won every talent show at her school." Ivan told Mason.

"Really?" Kenny smiled. "You never mentioned that to me." Kenny said slipping his hands into his pocket.

Toni shrugged. She'd been distant with him ever since they found out she was pregnant. He frowned making Ivan look between the two, sensing the tension.

"Mason, let's go get some candy floss. I see that your mama and Kenny need to talk." Ivan said pushing Mason towards the candy cart.

Toni sighed folding her arms over her chest watching Mason and Ivan walk off. Kenny swallowed his saliva before he moved in closer to her.

"Listen I'm gonna be here for you and the baby. I'm not that guy that left you with Mason. I'm gonna take care of my seed, I'd never do that to you. I'm not like that, I promised you that I'd divorce Zoey and I am. I always keep my promise." He softly spoke not trying to have the guests hear them.

She faced him.

"Have I ever broken one of my promises to you?" He asked.

She shook her head.

"Exactly. Now could you please stop being so distant with me, I love you and our little one on the way. Even if we didn't plan him or her." He said making her chuckle.

"I love when you smile." He said.

She smacked her lips together, he held his arms open indicating that she hug him. She sighed wrapping her arms around him. He pecked her forehead making her look up at him.

"And I love you too." She said making him smile as well.

"You two made up." Ivan said once he approached the two of them.

Toni and Kenny quickly pulled apart.

"Or maybe y'all just waited until we left to get all cuddled up-"

"Where's Mason?" Toni asked.

"He's over there with his crush."

"He has a crush?" Toni gasped looking around for him, "maybe he does. I mean he's always complaining about a girl with pigtails named Lulu that keeps on bothering him." Ivan shrugged before he squinted his eyes at Kenny's hand that rubbed over Toni's tummy.

"I'm gonna head out. We got a lot of work tomorrow, remember our event we still have to plan." Kenny said.

"Oh yes." Toni nodded as Kenny looked over at Ivan. "Mr Ivan I'll see you around." Kenny said, Ivan immediately looked up and nodded with a small smile.