Chapter four: The kiss

"Thank you so much. He's such a deep sleeper, I'd never be able to carry him up those stairs." Toni chuckled as they walked down the passage towards her apartment.

"I'll have one of my drivers pick y'all up in the morning." Kenny said, Toni nodded as they came to halt in front of her apartment.

She pulled her keys out of her pocket and unlocked her door, she pushed it open allowing him to walk in first. He did so as she shut the door behind her. She sat her belongings down on the kitchen counter.

"His bedroom is this way." She said leading the way.

Kenny's attention immediately fell onto her ass, he shook his head as they walked into Mason's bedroom. Toni pulled his covers back allowing Kenny to lay him down in bed, once done Kenny backed away standing in the doorframe watching in awe as Toni tucked Mason into bed.

"Sleep tight. Mommy loves you." Toni kissed his forehead turning on his nightlight.

They both stepped out, she closed Mason's door leaving it slightly cracked.

"Where's his dad?" Kenny asked.

Toni looked up at Kenny as she removed her coat.

"It was a one night stand and things didn't exactly go as planned, I told him about it and he didn't want it so here I am." Toni pointed around at her two bedroom apartment.

Kenny nodded with understanding.

"I should get going, it's almost midnight." Kenny said checking the time on his wrist watch.

"Let me walk you out." Toni said tossing her coat onto her Tiffany blue sofa.

She walked him up to the door just as the painting on the wall came crashing down. She gasped as Kenny's eyes widened both facing it.

"My neighbors are having sex again." Toni groaned in embarrassment.

Kenny laughed, he helped her pick up the painting and looked back at Mason's bedroom he surely was a deep sleeper if that loud thump didn't wake him. They set the painting to the side.

"Shit that boy can sleep through a storm." Kenny said making Toni laugh.

She looked up at him. He looked down at her and grabbed her chin gently and crashed his lips down onto hers. Toni unintentionally kissed back running her hands up his arms gripping both of his shoulders. Realizing midway that this was extremely wrong, she pulled away and gently pushed him back as they both panted catching their breathes.

"This is wrong, you're married." Toni said shaking her head backing away from him.

Kenny sighed nodding his head in agreement.

"You're right, I apologize." He said running his hand down his face.

Pulling the door open for him, he stared down at her as she ran her hand caressed the side of his face.

"Goodnight." She smiled.

Kenny leaned down in hopes off maybe kissing her again but she quickly placed her hand against his chest.

"Kenny." She warned he groaned nodding his head with understanding, "goodnight. See you at the office." He said walking out.
_____________________________

Toni groaned in frustration realizing the system kept locking her out not allowing her to upload any of her designs of the upcoming events.

"Patricia!" She called.

Patricia came rushing into her office.

"Yes." Patricia said removing her glasses.

"The system keeps locking me out-"

"Talk to Kenny, he's the only one that understands that goddamn app. I don't even wanna think about it, that alone frustrates me." Patricia shook her head.

Toni sighed before she nodded getting up grabbing her documents.

"Your fine ass still owes me a damn bag." Patricia reminded as Toni passed by her.

"And you'll have it." Toni laughed walking down the hallway up to Kenny's office.

Finally reaching it, she stopped before it and faced Kenny who had his glasses on switching between his iMac and MacBook. He seemed to be extremely occupied with his work.

"Kenny, can I bother you for just a couple minutes?" Toni asked walking in.

He looked up and removed his glasses nodding his head.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I need to have these invites uploaded before 13:30 and the system keeps locking me out every time I try to upload them. Patricia says you're the only one that understands the app." Toni said.

Kenny nodded waving towards himself. She smiled walking up to him, she walked around his desk and leaned down to the level of his iMacs screen. He closed his previous page and opened the app, showing her exactly how to do it.

"Well no one in the world would be able to figure that shit out." Toni complained making him laugh.

They looked at one another making eye contact once again. Noelle walked up to Kenny's office and immediately her eyes widened at the twos interaction. She cleared her throat making them look up at her.

"Kenny you have a meeting in a couple minutes." Noelle announced scanning them one last time before she walked away.

"Thank you." Toni smiled straightening her posture grabbing her documents ready to walk off.

Kenny quickly stood up and grabbed her hand, she sighed facing him. He stepped around his desk and pulled her against him immediately pressing his lips against hers. Groaning she kissed him back. He backed her against the wall as their kiss deepen, Toni immediately gasped pushing him back.

"Kenny no this is wrong- you're married!" She scolded.

"I know that... but we have something. Do you not feel it?" Kenny groaned staring down at her resting his palms down on the wall beside her face.

"I do feel it... I really like you but you're married." She whispered.

"My marriage is dead, it died the day Jodie died." Kenny confessed.

Toni sighed they stared into each others eyes, Noelle walked up and her eyebrows rose up at the two.

"Kenny your meeting is starting." Noelle said not trying to make this anymore awkward.

Toni and Kenny faced her immediately moving away from one another.

"Thank you Noelle." Kenny said looking at her as Toni excused herself and walked off to her office.