Chapter twenty three: Manipulation

so i got tired after being halfway through with this chapter and also lazy to complete the rest of it yesterday. 🏃🏽‍♀️😬 but here it is 😊

Walking into her apartment. Toni immediately sighed as her father stood up from the sofa, Mason was in a deep sleep on the other one.

"Dad not now." She said tiredly already knowing he had watched the entire event go down.

"I know that I have no right to judge you but you knew he was married the moment you two started y'all little fling, why didn't you stop it-"

"Because..." Toni trailed off unsure of how to put her feelings into words.

"There are so many men out there who'd want to be with you-"

"You're so wrong dad. No man wants to be tied down to a woman who already has a kid, Ken accepted me with my baggage and I guess that's what drew me so much closer to him." Toni shook her head sitting down.

"He's married." Ivan stated.

"Not anymore, he's getting a divorce and now his ex is just being a jealous bi- it doesn't matter because I've ended our relationship." Toni said.

Ivan nodded.

"And even though that probably won't fix anything..." She trailed off once again making Ivan raise his eyebrows at her.

"We are forever bound to each other dad." She sighed. "I could've sworn we were being careful." Toni said more to herself resting her chin in her palm.

"What are you saying?" Ivan asked in confusion.

Toni looked up at him and shook her head.

"Nothing." She lowly said. "I just wanna rest, would you please put him to bed for me?" Toni asked getting up.

"Sure." Ivan nodded.

"Thank you." Toni said walking into her bedroom.

She shut the door and let out a sigh as she leaned up against it. She took a deep breathe and then her attention fell onto her figure in the 5 foot tall mirror. She stepped away from the door and turned to the side pressing her dress down, revealing the tiny bump that was there.

"Don't worry mommy's little girl- or maybe you're a boy..." She trailed off in deep thought, "another boy? Nah. You're definitely going to be a girl." She smiled rubbing over her belly. "Mommy's always going to protect you." Toni said before her door swung open immediately making her remove her hand and face it.

"Dad!" Toni scolded fixing her dress.

"Mason is up and now he wants you to read him a bedtime story." Ivan said before he squinted his eyes at Toni.

"I'll be right with him." Toni said.

"You do know that I know you're pregnant right?"

"You do- I mean what?" Toni snapped pulling her face in confusion.

"Yeah... I've noticed that you have those same mood swings you had with Mason, the cravings and that day at Mason's play when Kenny placed his hand over your tummy. I've known for awhile now, why are you so scared of telling me?" Ivan asked.

"I was gonna tell you but than everything blew up and you already scolded me over the whole incident- which by the way you don't need to do. I love you daddy but I'm a grown woman I can make my own decisions." Toni sternly said.

Ivan nodded, "you're so right. I have absolutely no right to judge you."

"Mommy!" Mason shouted.

"Excuse me." Toni said brushing past him.
________________________

Toni's eyes widened in disbelief at the way her office was vandalized. All types of hateful messages were stuck all over the wall and her desk. She let out a breathe before she kneeled down and began to pick up the papers. Kenny walked in and his eyes immediately widened.

"What the hell happened here?" He asked.

She stood up and faced him.

"This is unbelievable. I won't allow them to disrespect you like this- they have no goddamn right." He groaned turning around ready to walk out.

She quickly grabbed his.

"That won't be necessary, it's fine." She shook her head looking around at her vandalized office again.

"No. I won't let this go, I'll fire each one that did this to y-"

"And where will that get you?"

He frowned.

"I said it's fine." She said sternly.

"Do you have to be so distant with me?" Kenny asked stepping closer to her.

"Kenny please, just leave me alone. Can't you see all this is happening because of you and your goddamn wife!" She snapped.

He backed away raising his hands up in surrender.

"My bad. I'm gonna go." He said, "I'll have one of the cleaners come cleanup your office." He spun around and immediately a man came walking up to him.

"Mr Kenneth Edmonds, I'm Daniel Adams mrs Zoey Edmonds lawyer-"

"I told my lawyer that I didn't want to deal with our divorce matter, he is in charge of that." Kenny shook his head in confusion passing by him.

"That's not why I'm here mrs Edmonds is suing you."

Immediately Kenny spun around and faced him, Toni's eyes slightly widened as she faced the two.

"Come again?" Kenny walked up to him and with his brows arched.

"Yes mrs Edmonds is filing for full custody for this company, not only is she doing it but there are two other parties behind her on this." Daniel smiled holding out a document to him.

Kenny scrunched his face up before he snatched the document from him. He opened it up and scanned over the papers.

"My mom and my brother are suing me as well. What right do they have? My father left me this company, I will not just hand it over to them just like that." Kenny spat.

"Kenny calm down." Toni lowly said.

"I can't! I worked so damn hard on this damn company!" Kenny argued as a few employees gathered around.

Toni swallowed her saliva.

"There is one condition mrs Edmonds stated-"

"What the hell is it?" Kenny snapped.

Daniel groaned, "mrs Edmonds can withdraw her accusations if you withdraw the divorce."

Both Kenny and Toni frowned staring at him in disbelief.

"No..." Kenny scoffed shaking his head. "I can't believe her..." He mumbled before he ran his hand down his face.

2 chapters left 💃🏽☺️