Chapter thirteen: It's no secret

Kenny walked into him and Zoey's hotel room. It was dead silence, she let out a sigh knowing that she was still asleep. He walked into the bedroom slowly making sure his footsteps weren't too loud. Freezing in his tracks his eyes widened at her that sat at the vanity doing her makeup.

"So nice of you to finally join me, your wife which you've been married too for 8 years." Zoey spoke with sarcasm.

She looked at each other through the mirror as he sighed.

"Before you overthink things-"

"I've already started to overthink!" Zoey shouted standing up facing him, "you were with her weren't you." Zoey frowned holding back her tears.

"What? No, with who?"

"Forget it!" She waved him off, "I was working. The Gala lasted a little longer than I thought it would, it was my company's event I couldn't just up and leave the people that were still there."

She stared a hole into his forehead not believing damn word that came out of his mouth. She knew the truth, it was written all over his neck. She nodded as he began to unbutton his shirt.

"I'm gonna go shower." He said lowly removing his shirt.

She nodded sucking her teeth watching as he placed his phone along with his car keys and keycard down on the nightstand before he walked into the bathroom. She waited on the shower water to run before she rushed over to his phone. Typing in the password she went into his contacts and contemplated on whether she should dial Toni's number or not, finally gathering the strength to do it. She dialed the number.

"Hey handsome." Toni's voice came through. "You forgot your watch here, I'm guessing that's why you're calling?" Toni asked as Zoey heard some shuffling in the back.

Silence.

"Kenny? Hello? Ken... Babe-"

Immediately dropping the call, Zoey broke down in tears. She couldn't believe that her intuition was right, she heard the water stop making her quickly place his phone back down, she got up and wiped away her tears as he came out with a new pair of boxers on. He watched as she stood to the side and fixed herself up looking at her in confusion.

"When are we leaving?" Zoey asked trying to hide the fact that she had just been crying.

"Tomorrow morning me and Toni still have to meet up with a couple investors today-"

"Why do you and Toni have to do it?"

"Zoey we've been over this, Toni is my partner-"

"I get it. She's your partner." Zoey repeated with emphasis.

Kenny frowned sighing already knowing where this was going. He grabbed his suitcase and took out some new clothes getting dress. He looked around.

"Looking for your watch?" Zoey asked.

"Yeah-" Cutting himself off, he immediately remembered he had left it in Toni's hotel room.

"I'll help you look for it." Zoey said.

"No!" He protested facing her, "that won't be necessary, I just remembered that I left it in my car." Kenny said.