Chapter eleven: Too many drinks later

Zoey had been watching Toni almost the entire night. Toni felt the eyes on her but didn't know who was watching her so intently.

"I'll be right back." Kenny excused, "Toni!" He called.

"Toni. Kenny is calling you." Mabel said nodding her head towards Kenny.

She looked around at him and set her clutch down on the table getting up and met one another halfway.

"I just spoke to the director general and he just informed me about the company stats that keeps dropping, I need you to take that into consideration the next time an event like this happens." Kenny said and she frowned.

"Thats odd when I spoke to David about it he told me they were doing just fine and that the finances were far more than enough to fund this event." Toni said in confusion.

Kenny arched his brow before he let out a sigh.

"That fucking David. This isn't the first time he screws with the stats you know." Kenny groaned in annoyance.

"Calm down." Toni said.

"I'm going to arrange a meeting for Thursday when we get back to the office so that I could swap you with David, he keeps fucking up the stats." Kenny said shaking his head.

"Are you gonna fire him?"

"I just might." Kenny snapped.

Toni swallowed her saliva nodding her head before she folded her arms over her chest.

"But anyways, you look good." He said.

"Yeah well... it didn't seem that way to me earlier." She mumbled looking around.

"And why not? You know you're fine-"

"Well you didn't exactly tell me earlier." She spat.

Kenny chuckled nodding his head.

"You're still mad- you didn't even give me a chance to tell you before you started scolding me with your jealousy getting the best of you." Kenny shook his head.

"Me jealous? No." She shook her head sucking her teeth, looking anywhere but at him.

He laughed lightly nodding his head.

"Sure." He said not convinced at all.

"Where's your wife?" Toni asked lowering her tone.

"I don't know." Kenny shrugged nonchalantly, he didn't seem to care much.

As if on queue Zoey came storming up to Toni and Kenny with a glass of whiskey in hand.

"You fucking tramp get away from my husband!" Zoey spat grabbing Toni's shoulder roughly pushing her away from Kenny so that she could face Zoey.

Toni frowned.

"Zoey." Kenny sternly said looking around at the people that began to stare.

"I know that you two have something going on, I'm not dumb!" She yelled.

"Zoey." Kenny warned.