Chapter nine: Chicken noodle soup

"They've been hanging out during this entire party." Noelle mumbled with frustration as she watched Toni and Kenny taking a sip from her drink.

"They haven't done anything wrong. They're just accompanying each other."

"A guy literally tried to ask Toni out and Kenny blocked it by saying that she is his date. If that isn't a sign that they're fucking, I don't know what is." Noelle spat growing angrier each time.

"Noelle, calm down." Patricia said grabbing her hand leading her away from everyone, "you're making it very obvious that you're jealous." Patricia scolded.

"I'm not jealous, I just don't want Kenny to cheat on Zoey." Noelle shook her head looking down at her shoes.

Patricia sucked teeth not to convinced with what Noelle had said.

"Of course because you and Zoey are best friends." Patricia spoke with sarcasm.

Noelle frowned.

"We're not best friends, we barely know each other." Noelle said in confusion.

"Of course I know that you dummy, you're just defending her as if she were your freaking bestie or something. You're too protective over Kenny-"

"You're one too talk-"

"Have you two seen Toni or Kenny?" Mabel asked walking up to the two.

"They were over- there..." Noelle trailed off pointing at no one. "They were just there." Noelle frowned as they faced Mabel who pulled her face in confusion.

"Toni and Kenny send their regards." One of the guys said walking up to Patricia.

"They left?"

"Yeah. Toni got a call from her nanny something to do with her son and Kenny offered to take her and they both left." He shrugged.

The girls looked at each other.

"Why do y'all keep looking at each other every time something between Toni and Kenny is mentioned- wait! Are they- together?" Mabel whispered.

"Yes-"

"We don't know that for sure." Patricia cut in.
________________________

"What's going on?" Toni panicked running into Mason's room.

Mariska got up from Mason's bed which she was sitting on, Kenny came rushing in after Toni who sat down by Mason.

"What's wrong baby?" She asked placing her palm down against his forehead. "He's burning up.

"We need to take him to the hospital." Toni said.

"No. Wait." Kenny said walking up to Mason who was burning up with a fever.

He kneeled down to his level and placed his palm over his forehead, he stood up and faced Mariska.

"Was he vomiting?" Kenny asked and she nodded.

"I'll be right back. I know exactly what's gonna fix this." Kenny said walking out.