Chapter ten: Surprise

"Toni Michele that ain't the way to greet your father." He scolded pulling her into a hug.

"Where my grandson at?" He asked immediately walking in dragging his two suitcases inside with him.

Toni frowned, "he's sleeping. Back home so soon? I thought you were coming in June or July..." Toni pulled her face in confusion.

"Early retirement." He laughed before he frowned at the coat that laid on the sofa. "Oh shit, you have a guest?" He asked holding up the coat.

"Hold on! You got a man up in here while my grandson is asleep?" He scolded with his voice raised. "I know you're 28 and I have no right to keep you away from being sexually satisfied-"

"Dad!"

"But not while my grand baby is home." He shook his head in disbelief.

"Oh my god dad!" Toni shook her head in embarrassment. "Why would you even say that. Oh my god-"

"Listen baby, when you told me you were pregnant 7 years ago I knew than you were already having sex. You're grown now back than you were barely an adult." Ivan shrugged.

"Y'all better have not done anything nasty up in that shower." He said eyeing her up and down.

"Daddy." Sternly said just than Kenny came into view making Ivan's eyes go wide. Toni immediately palmed her face in embarrassment.

"Hi sir." Kenny lightly smiled.

Ivan frowned in disbelief at Kenny who had nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist.

"I was just teasing you- but you actually really got a man up in here." Ivan lowly spoke trying to process everything.

"Daddy meet Kenny. Kenny this is my father, Ivan." Toni introduced.

"Hi Kenny, nice to meet you." Ivan said shaking his hand making Toni look at him in confusion.
___________________________

"Why can't I go with?" Zoey asked Kenny who was packing his bags for Vegas.

"Because this is a business trip not a holiday-"

"I am your wife. How many of your employees take their kids and wives and husbands with? A lot exactly! Why do you not want me to go with? Give me one good reason." She snapped.

"Maybe because you can't stop smoking or control the amount of liquor you consume." Kenny said nonchalantly.

Zoey sucked her teeth.

"Is Toni gonna be there?" She asked.

He arched his brow turning around to face her.

"Of course she's gonna be there. She's my business partner and the one that made this whole event possible." Kenny said.

She nodded getting up.

"I'm going with you, and there's nothing you can say or do to stop me." She spat grabbing her suitcase from underneath their bed dropping it down on their bed and walked into the closet.