Chapter eight: Creating problems

Kenny walked into him and Zoey's house setting his keys and phone down on the table in the foyer. He looked up at himself in the mirror and ran his hand down his face, before he groaned seeing Zoey walk up to him with an ashtray and cigarette in her hands. He turned around and faced her already growing tired of the argument he knew was about to take place.

"With who were you?" Zoey questioned taking a pull from her cigarette.

"I do not owe you any explanations-"

"Of course you do, I am your wife!" She argued.

"Well it hasn't been feeling like you're my wife for a very long time now!" Kenny argued as well.

She groaned sucking her teeth tapping her cigarette against the brim of the ashtray.

"I got so tired of arguing with you, I decided to leave and just take a drive-"

"Liar." She spat making him sigh. "And you wanna know how I know you're lying... you're not wearing the same clothes you left in last night. I might've been high and drunk but I know exactly what you were wearing. You don't own a pants or shirt like that either. So I'm asking you again, with who were you?" She asked calmly.

He frowned.

"Who were you fucking?!" She yelled.

"I didn't fuck anyone!" He yelled back.

He took a deep breathe letting it out slowly before he shook his head waving her off and walked away. She sucked her teeth watching him go upstairs. Once she couldn't seem him she looked around before her eyes landed on his iPhone that laid on the table, she walked up to it placing her cigarette into the ashtray and setting it down. She picked up his phone and typed in the year their son was born, 2012. Unlocking it she scrolled through his texts and the only recent chat he had was a group chat about some stupid party they still had to attend. She groaned going into his calls, his recent call was to Toni Braxton at 11 p.m. exactly 15 minutes after he left the house, she arched her brow as she replayed the moment she met a Toni at the office... "Hi I'm Toni." Toni smiled holding her hand out to Zoey. Zoey's eyes grew big she couldn't believe it.

"I knew that bitch was gonna be a problem." She groaned through gritted teeth tossing his phone down on the table picking up her cigarette.
_______________________________

"It really wasn't like that. Me and Kenny were just discussing the Vegas trip and I guess we accidentally fell asleep, and didn't realize it until Mason woke us up. It wasn't like that." Toni sighed drastically.

"Okay." Patricia tossed her arms up in surrender. "But we have a party to get ready for. You're leaving with me because that's the only way of making sure that you show up." Patricia said making Toni roll her eyes.

"When does your nanny get here?" Patricia asked looking around.

"In about an hour." Toni said.

"Well go do you makeup and get dressed than." Patricia scolded clapping her hands.

"Where are you going mommy?" Mason asked.

"To a grown people party. She might find you a daddy." Patricia nonchalantly said.

Toni sent her a glare.