→ Henry

Henry x Reader
If only you knew.

That awkward time between winter and spring, was boring and dislikable to many children and adults. The snow would be slushy then ice then straight muddy water then ice again.

It's multiple sides out many people on edge.

Snow would melt then come back with another storm then melt before doing the same thing over and over and over again.

You didn't like it as well for many more reasons. The slush would make your toes cold, and wet. It would make your hair dry and frizzy because of how bipolar the air was, and the constant jumping between cold and warm was annoying when it would result with you bedridden for a day or two with a terrible headache.

So eventually you came up with the only acceptable pile of solutions. You kept a bottle of extra strength ibuprofen in your bag, along with two extra layers of sock and mittens. You've also made your self walk in ways that DIDN'T have tremendous puddles or ice patches.

Just like today. You tried ignoring the puddles on the way back from school, stepping over them. Casually walking in the middle of the street when you knew none were heading towards you. Of course it became a game when you started hopping away from each puddle. Making fun out of a very shitty situation.

So far you were doing great,. Your socks were dry and warm and everything else was nearly perfect. You hadn't stepped in a single puddle and you were also so so close to your home the possibilities of being able to walk into the house without having to sit by the heater for half an hour was strong as it sat on the tip of your tongue.

Today was decent. It was sunny and actually warm, the headache was dull, and some of the snow that caked the ground had melted enough for the littlest bits of yellowish and green coloured grass to peak through towards the sun. You hoped that this meant more warmth would come soon.

Right as you sidestepped another rather huge puddle, a blue vehicle ripped past you, but instead of turning away from a puddle they were coming straight on with. They hit it.

Sending a very big splash of cold, and icy unwanted water onto your coat, sending cold chills through you as the water soaked through your thick layers. Your anger was only secondary when it was placed next to how cold you suddenly felt. Each new gust of wind sending terrible shivers throughout your whole body. Suddenly you felt even more excited with your house being two doors away. Even if the happiness wasn't what you intended it to be for.

When you finally reached home, you were quick to rip off your clothes, leaving you in your pale blue bralette and matching underwear.

Wrapping a heated blanket across your shoulders as you set your feet on top of the heater in your living room. Groaning as your feet slowly started to warm up.

Even though your lips were blue, and your fingers and skin were red and felt like ice themselves, some places still felt a little bit warmer then the rest. Yet your toes still throbbed with a small amount of pain, and your fingers were swollen.

Then a loud, disruptive knock on your door pulled you roughly out of your cold and shivering stance. Your head snapping towards the door. You quickly looked down then up again. Deciding as long as your body was covered. It didn't matter who saw you.