Mothers Day

So, this isn't exactly a "shipping" oneshot it's more on Dabi and his mom. I know, it's not Shigadabi, but I still wanted to write this. <3

3rd P.O.V

   It was a quiet Thursday like any other for Rei. She sat in her small room, a pair of light colored blue jeans and a soft baby pink shirt. Looking at the bright blue flowers that sat in a vase on her window, her blank thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door. With a quiet sigh she walked to the door expecting a nurse or worker to bring her lunch. What she didn't expect was three of her children on the other side. "Happy mothers day!" They all said in unison, quietly not to disturb the other people around them. She gasped, tears swelling in her eyes as she wiped her face and invited them in. Natsuo was holding a few bags from the store in nearby downtown and a bag of take out. Fuyumi was holding a few balloons, some shaped like hearts, and others that said happy mothers day on them. Lastly, Shoto held a bouquet of flowers; daisies, her favorite.

    Holding them out, he smiled small. She took them from his hands gently, smelling them before plucking the dead blue ones from the vase on her window and replacing them with the new white flowers. Fuyumi had just finished tying the balloons to a chair by the desk in her room while Natsuo handed her a card and small box of chocolates they had gotten for her. "This is thoughtful of you all." She said, taking the things and setting them on her bedside table. She took turns giving them each a hug before Shoto pulled out the takeout for each of them passing around their meals.

    They all enjoyed each other's company, talking and rambling about how they each were doing and what important things they had going on. Before they even realised it, the visiting hours were coming to a close after a while and they needed to get back to their lives. Saying their goodbyes and cleaning up, Rei was left without any company just as soon as they came. She enjoyed her time with them and hoped they came back to visit more often. Walking around her room, she cleaned up the small stuff her kids missed while cleaning up their mess. Pushing in her desk chair and straightening out the blankets are her bed, she was interrupted by a knock at the door. Without a second thought, she opened the door expecting a worker or possibly one of the kids that forgot something in her room. What she didn't expect was the tall, dark haired boy standing in front of her.

   "Happy mothers day." He mumbled, turquoise eyes glowing under the light of the hall. She stared at the man in front of her, peices slowly clicking in her brain. Once they did, she couldn't hold bcak the small sobs coming from her mouth and the tears streaming down her face. Pulling him in a hug, her arms wrapped around his torso. She was at a loss for words, though none needed to be said in that moment. Everything seemed to be perfect. Until she pulled away from him. His face seemed blank, a content grown rested on his face. She smiled, hoping he would do the same. Instead, his lip quivered out slightly and he started shaking. "M-m.....mom. I......I-I don't.......
I DON'T WANT TO BE THIS!"

*flashback*

   "Enji come here!" Rei called excitedly from the living room. There, Touya stood staring at his small hands. They burned, sure, but the blue flames were too cool not to stare at. And they were coming from his own hands. Just like the hero his father was. The only difference was that his were blue. I mean, he looked just like his dad with the red hair and blue eyes so he was bound to be excited to get his quirk too. Enji came into the room a moment later, staring at his first sons hands. "Look Dad!" Touya said, turning around to show him his hands which the fire now travelled around. It started to engulf his arms now, trying his hardest to take control of it. "Stop that. You'll burn something." He demanded, sitting on the couch. He looked at his hands, fire gone now just burning and turning a bloody red. He started crying softly, trying to hide it by rubbing his eyes which just made his hands hurt worse.

   "Stop your crying. You won't get far with a quirk like yours not to mention how much of a baby you are. You can forget about defeating anyone with the way you're acting." That just made the redhead cry even harder. "Stop that, he's only six years old." Rei reasoned, walking over to her son and holding out her hand. Touya reached out to take it before it was simply slapped away from him. He closed his eyes as hard as possible hoping that if he didn't see anything, maybe his dad would stop. Eventually he did, leaving his mom and him hurt in the living room. His joy now replaced with sadness and hatred of his quirk right away.

   "Momma." He sobbed, holding his arms out to her. She engulfed him in a hug, her body cold from her quirk. "It burns." He said duly, holding out his red arms to her. She grabbed his arms gently and cooled them down picking him up and bringing Touya to the bathroom. There she grabbed a few rolls of gauze and wrapped his arms up. Even though he was bandaged and everything seemd better, he was still silently crying. "Is there anything I can do to make it better?" She asked the boy who sat on the counter. "I dont want to be this!" He exclaimed, eyes squeezed shut, scared for what was going to happen next. Without a word, his tears were wiped away by soft hands, closing around him in a motherly embrace.

*flashback end*

   Without another thought, Rei pulled her son into an embrace like she did all that time ago.

"I'm sorry Touya. I'm sorry that nobody taught you how to accept yourself."