Monster

Shigaraki's P.O.V

"Your package is here!" Kurogiri called from the front of the hideout, slamming the door behind him. I ran downstairs, pushing Toga out of the way to which she fell on the couch and snatched the package from his hands. "Jeez. Could you be any more gentle?" She asked, fixing the loose space buns resting on her head. "Nope." I said, smile on my face as I dissolved the packaging left with two black peices of fabric wrapped in a thin layer of clear plastic. "What are they anyways?" She asked, walking over and snatching the package from my fingers. "Hey! Give it back." I said, reaching out to grab it but she threw it across the room to Dabi who had just walked in. "What are these?" He asked, examining the package. "Not important. Give them to me." I said, walking towards him. "No. I wanna know what they are." He said starting to open them. "No." I said, snatching the package away. "Now stop nagging." I said, finnaly able to take the gloves out. I went to my room without a word leaving them all confused why I left so suddenly and why I didn't tell them what I ordered.

Once I was finally safe in my room, I slipped the gloves on my hands. These were different though. They were drawing gloves used by digital artist so they dont run their hands on the screen. But I figured they would work with my quirk. If two if my fingers are covered, then I wouldn't have to be careful touching things. It made me happy knowing I could do things normally with gloves on. I hoped it would make the rest of them happy too. I spent the rest of the day in my room, getting used to the feeling of being able to touch things without a care in the world. It took me a moment to get used to being able to touch my face and hair and different objects without having them dissolve to dust. I finally grabbed things without any kind of hesitation and I was in a great mood. With a knock on my door reminding me of dinner, I walked out and turned the doorknob, smile on my face and all five fingers gripping it.

"Well, someone's in a good mood." Kurogiri commented, passing me a plate. Grabbing it, I sat down at the bar next to Toga and Dabi who were already eating. "What kept you in your room all day?" Toga asked taking a bite of her ramen. "Yeah. Did it have something to do with your package?" He asked placing a short peck on my cheek. "Possibly." I said, smile wide as ever. "What was in that package?" He asked, still eating, hands by his side. I reached down and grabbed his hand like usual, pinkie up. "This." I said, placing my pinkie down. His eyes went wide and he yanked his arm from my grip jumping out of his chair. The force knocked me on the ground. He gave me a cold look, eye like daggers stabbing my chest.

*flashback*

   I sat on the ground outside trying to comprehend what just happened. I was only five. I shouldn't have been beaten that severely. It's all my fault. I did this to myself. I sat outside, clutching the soft green grass between my hands, fingers curled around it in a fist. My dog, Mon, came towards me to lick the tears off my face. Letting him comfort me, I giggled a little, his tongue tickling my skin. I wrapped my hands around him, my face buried in his fur. With a small whimper, I let go only for him to shatter into a billion pieces. I looked down beside me, confused as to why this happened I started to cry only for my sister to come outside. She started walking to me only to stop when she say Mon in a bloody dissolved mess beside me. She screamed and ran but I clutched onto her, hoping she might help however she only broke into thousands of pieces. Grabbing any part of her that I could have, my hands fell to the ground which only made it worse. My mom and grandparents came running outside only for them to shatter like my sister and dog did. I still didn't understand what was happening. Why was this happening? I laid on the shattered ground surrounded by once living family. My dad came out a moment later, confused about the commotion. He saw me there, resting in the middle of the backyard surrounded by a world of rubble. He tried stopping me, apologizing but without a hesitation, I leapt at him and he fell apart too. And just like that, my entire family was gone. I was a monster.

*flashback*

   I looked down at my hands, the gloves were suddenly gone, replaced with a thick blood red. Blinking, they were back again covering my ring and pinkie finger. I'm a monster. My vision went blurry, hands still in front of my face. Staring at them then back up at Dabi, his face turned confused then soft. He started to speak but before he could, I grabbed the gloves and slammed them on the ground near his feet and got up going to my room back up stairs.

Dabi's P.O.V

   Looking around the bar, everyone seemed silent and scared to do anything. This hasn't happened before so nobody knew what to do. Bending down, I grabbed the thing he threw towards my feet. Looking at them, they seemed to be regular gloves. But upon further notice, I realized they only had two fingers while the rest was open. So this is what he got today. This is why he was happy. Just because he was able to hold my hand. I'm an idiot. I looked at Toga and Kurogiri, wordlessly walking upstairs. Opening his room door, he laid on his bed, hands in front of his face. He kept staring, eyes going wide then back to normal with every blink. "What do you want?" He said, turning towards me, hands still in the air.

   "I wanted to give these back." I said, lifting the black gloves in the air. "I'm not gonna use them. What's the point." He mumbled, rolling over to avoid facing me. Grabbing his shoulder, I turned him back over and held the gloves out. "Put them on." I said, sitting down. He leaned up, snatching them up from me and slipping them on. "There. Happy now that you know I can't hurt you?" My smile faltered when he said that. "No. I'm happy because I get to do this." Grabbing both his hands, I intertwined them with mine, forehead resting on his.

   "Why are you scared?" He asked me, looking into my eyes. "I was startled not scared because I didn't realize you had gloves on. But this a good thing." He didn't seem convinced. "Prove you aren't scared of me." He mumbled. "Hold your hand in the air." He did as I said, his hand out in the air. "One." I started, placing one finger directly on his. "Two." He flinched, opening his eyes when my hand was still there. "Three." He looked away. "Four." He looked like he would burst out in tears. "Five." He squeezed his eyes shut, looking away. "See?" He turned back to look at our hands, fingers rested by his. "It's okay. I'm not scared. And you dont have to be either." He laced his hand with mine, looking up at me with a small smile resting on his face. "Thank you." He said, digging his head into my shoulder. "For what?" His arms snaled around my chest, head still buried in the fabric of my shirt.

"Because you don't think I'm a monster."