Baby Blanket

Either a random idea I had or because I still have my baby blanket from when I was 2 on my bed and still sleep with it. You decide.

   Dabi's p.o.v

   This was bad. I had been searching my room for hours, all day, checking up and down my entire room and it was torn apart at this point. It sounded so stupid but I lost my blanket. But not just any blanket; my baby blanket. Of course, nobody in the leauge knew I still had it. I kept it stuffed in a pillowcase most of the day until night when I would hold it close like a stuffed animal. I had to have been looking for a while and it was well past midnight. I just didn't want them knowing but it felt like they were probably going to find put soon. I decided to head downstairs where everyone seemed to be sitting and explaining their next plan. "You look rough Dabi." Toga said, noticing my presence in the corner. "Can Tomura come to my room really quickly?" I asked. She quickly pulled me to the side and asked what was wrong. "I need Tomura just, please?" I asked. I hated pleading but this was important. The longer I waited, the farther away it could be.

   "TOMURA! YOUR BOYFRIEND NEEDS YOU!" She screamed into the room. He looked up from his notebook, glaring at her before standing up and walking towards me while Toga went back to sit with Twice. "What's so important that I'm pulled away from my work?" He asked, glancing back at the room they were all gathered in. "Can we go to my room?" He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Dabi, as much as I love you and all, now is not the time." He said, following me upstairs. "I'm not trying to fuck you right now. But it's important and I need your help." Once we made it to the disaster of a room, he looked around. "Okay, why does your room look like this?" I looked down trying to find the words to say this. "I'm not helping you clean this up like last time." He mumbled, headed towards the door. "No. I-...I lost something. It's important to me." I felt embarrassed now. "Okay, what is it?" Ugh. I knew this was coming yet, I hoped it didn't somehow. "Promsie you won't laugh?" I asked. "No, I won't laugh just tell me so we can find it. It's obviously important to you. You're acting strange." He assured me, already looking around the room.

   "Well, it's my...baby blanket." I finnaly admitted, busying myself to look through my bedsheets again to not see his reaction. "Wait, you still have your baby blanket?" He asked, chuckling at the end and looking through my closet. I hadn't checked there yet. "You told me you wouldn't laugh!" I defended, tossing a pillow in his direction. "I didn't laugh. I was just kinda suprised." I could hear the grin in his voice. "I can tell you what to laugh. It's okay." I mumbled, still looking through my things, slowly losing my mind. I just had it. I know I did. "I won't laugh. It's like if I lost my stuffed bear I used to have. Anyways, what's it look like?" I kinda stopped for a second. "Wait, what?" I asked, stopping to look at him. "What do you mean? My stuffed bear? Yeah, it was my father's when he was a kid. He gave it to me when I was two and I've kept is since. I didn't have lots of stuff when I left home but I felt the need to bring it. I'm glad I did too."

   "I didn't know you had a stuffed bear." I said, continuing my search for the lost blanket. "Anyways, it's a baby blue. It's not fluffy, it's kind of a cotton material that's pretty thin. It's from the hospital and it has little pastel yellow ducks on it that are in a small print. It's a square piece of material about a foot and a half long." I hated describing it but he just nodded, continuing to dig through the laundry baskets in my closet while I kept searching under my bed. I was giving up hope at this point. I started looking more frantically, hoping to find it. "Could this be it?" He asked. I immediately looked over at the blanket he was looking at closely. "Yes! That's it!" I smiled, making grabby hand towards it. He got excited at the news, holding it close to him. Too close. Before I even had a chance to warn him, the blanket crumbled into nothingness on the floor. Only a small chunk of it remained on the floor, untouched by his quirk. I fell to the floor beside the dust. "I'm so sorry I..." he was at a loss for words. I wasn't even sure what to say.

   "It was an accident I swear! I can fix it." He pleaded with me. "No you can't. It's fine. Just, go back to your work downstairs." I said, starting to clean up the mess of a room I had. He didn't say anything, just carefully grabbed what was left of the blanket and walking out of my room. I started making my bed and putting away my things, trying to forget about what happened but it was difficult to do. I just decided to lay down for a while. Once I did, I eventually fell asleep, holding the closest pillow to me.

~~~~~~~~~Shigaraki's p.o.v~~~~~~~~~

   "Twice! I need your help!" I called, running over to him. "What's wrong?" He asked, standing up quickly. "I decayed Dabi's baby blanket and I need you to make a copy of it!" I said in a rush, handing him the small clump of fabric. "Why would I do that?" He asked, looking down at the fabric. "What's the measurements?" He asked the next second. "It's just a square made of thin cotton. About a foot and a half long." I said, watching as he made a copy of the fabric, looking just like the one he used to have. I grasped it carefully, staring at it for a second and thanking him before rushing back to his room. Knocking on the door, I didn't hear any answer so I just walked in. He was facing away from his door on the bed. I walked over, realizing he was asleep. I walked over, laying the thin blanket in his arms. Going to close the door, I took off my shoes and jeans, keeping on my black shirt and laying down next to him. I decided to let him sleep instead of wake him up, watching his chest rise and fall as he held the blanket close to his face. With a gentle kiss on his forehead, I dozed off and fell asleep.