Ghost Of You

Shigaraki's p.o.v
*lowercase letters for aesthetic purposes*
*that song would be good to start right around...i'll put a thing*

   "pour me another one," i said to toga, thrusting my empty glass in her direction, the ice rattling around with a satisfying clank. "that's your seventh glass tomura," she stated, "you're going to regret this" she finished, grabbing the glass and pouring more of the bronze liquor in the glass, sliding it back to me. i picked it up, pinkie out so it didn't disintegrate under my touch. leaning my head in my hands, i stared down at the stained countertop. "i know...it's better that way," i mumbled, not sure if she could even hear me or not.

"it's been so different since he's been gone..." i trialed off. she laid her head down in response. "i know...i miss him too..." i felt bad for her the most...he was home here, and as much as i hated to admit it about anyone...he wasn't supposed to go that way. he was supposed to stay with us. after dabi had revealed his identity to the public, he got into a huge fight with his...endeavor. his endeavor. i absolutely hated the guy for more than a dozen reasons. he killed his own son. so much for a hero of the citizens.

"i'm gonna go to bed...i'm gonna regret this in the morning but i don't know what to do about this anymore," i said, downing the glass of whiskey, tears pricking my eyes from the strong taste. slamming it down on the counter, it cracked under the force and i felt it behind me, my fingers pricked with broken glass and blood.

   i went into my room, laying on ours...now my creaky bed, pulling the dark duvet over myself. i turned over to the pillow laying next to my head, one small indent where his head used to lay. he never moved when he slept, he went to sleep in the same position he would wake up in, something i was never able to do. i placed my hand gently on the pillow, tracing my fingers on anything he had ever touched, wearing what he used to call his clothes, using anything he had just to pretend like he was here. but here i am, sitting in our bed wearing his clothes wishing he was a person i could hold instead of miss.

*start the song*
i refused to touch his pillow that laid next to me. it's like his ghost was haunting my life and i liked that. if anything were to be messed up he might go away. i might forget he was my one. i turned over to stare at the pillow with that stupid little spot where his head used to lay and i imagined he was next to me before drifting into sleep...

I am not the only traveler
Who has not repaid his debt

a pair of hands wrapped around my eyes, my vision becoming unexpectedly dark. i let out a small yelp of surprise before getting irritated. i heard a chuckle from behind me followed by "guess who"? "fuck you dabi," i said, his hands slowly moving away from my eyes. "i'll give you that one, at least you said my name." he moved from behind me to in front of me so i could see his sly face. "come with me, i have something to show you," he whispered, grabbing my hand. i pulled it away quickly, not liking the adventure this sounded like it was turning into, and slightly afraid i would hurt him. "i don't think i will," i stated, planting by feet to the ground. "come on, if you want to do this, we need to move now," he sounded like he was in a hurry and despite what i had said before, i gingerly followed him out the back door. "get in the car, we're going somewhere special."

I've been searching for a trail to follow again
Take me back to the night we met

i got into the passenger side door, sitting on the cracked leather seats. "since when did you get a car?" i asked, used to walking on foot everywhere in the city. it was one of the things i believed in; if you have a car, you're easier to get attention from police. "i've had a car since i've been apart of the league. i just don't like telling people i have one. it's registered under a different name, it'll be fine," he said, stating the car and putting it into drive.