Chapter 3: A Little Attraction

Several days after Yibo's accident, various people came to visit Yibo: ranging from family members, coworkers, and fans that hovered around the hospital's ground.

Amongst these people was his childhood friend and fellow celebrity coworker Yu Cheng Xiao. The Yu family was known for their hotel chain throughout China and has a close relationship with Mr. and Mrs. Wang. Due to this relationship, Yibo and Cheng Xiao shared many childhood memories. When both parties became well-known in the entertainment world, the fans often coupled the two, creating the YiXiao fanbase.

The evening that Yibo woke up, Cheng Xiao stormed into his room as he was coming out of the shower. She had a few seconds of bashfulness at the half-topless man and then ran to embrace him, "Gege, you're awake!"

"Mn," Yibo stumbled from the force then buttoned his shirt after he gently pushed Cheng Xiao away.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to check up on you," Cheng Xiao exclaimed with a hint of disappointment that Yibo wouldn't think that she would visit. Even though they grew up together and Cheng Xiao understood Yibo's attitude towards everyone outside of his family, she still hoped that one day she can be part of that circle.

"I'm alright now. You should go home and rest, you've probably had a busy day."

"Not tired! It wasn't a busy day at all," Cheng Xiao waved her hands and shook her head.

"Gege, I was really worried when I heard you got into an accident. I tried to visit yesterday but I wasn't able to come until now. Let me stay here a little longer," Cheng Xiao pleaded.

The fact was that Cheng Xiao was in another city for a drama shoot when she heard about Yibo's accident. She wanted to rush back to see him because she couldn't bear the thought of anything happening to Yibo. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to book an immediate flight back to Beijing. When her manager received news that Yibo's condition was stable, Cheng Xiao was convinced to stay and finish shooting her scenes before leaving the set. She may be a highly sought after artist, but she was still new in the acting industry. Abandoning her job for someone who wasn't family was not a responsible thing to do.

Cheng Xiao struggled to focus through her work and immediately ran to Yibo's side when she was finished. Any fatigue was masked with the pain at the thought of Yibo being injured. Now that she was able to see him alive and well, Cheng Xiao was overwhelmed with gratefulness.

Yibo preferred to be alone and didn't want Cheng Xiao's company. However, he understood that she really cared for him and it must have taken a lot to come and visit him. If she insists on staying then let her be. "Alright. Have you had dinner?"

Cheng Xiao smiled brightly, "No, not yet."

~~~~~

Yibo has trained his body to wake up around six every morning since middle school. Back then he had morning practices for various sports clubs, nowadays his busy schedule often starts bright and early. Even though he won't be working for the next few weeks, habits were not easily broken. Instead, Yibo took this opportunity to enjoy his mornings in leisure.

After breakfast, Yibo sat next to the windows with a coffee in hand. Taking a sip, he looked down at the hospital ground and noticed a familiar figure. He may have seen the man only once yesterday, but there was something that made the man's silhouette unforgettable.

Yibo watched the man walked across the parking lot and stopped to assist an elderly couple to their vehicle. Such a simple gesture, though expected from healthcare personnel but seeing him carry out the act made Yibo felt a little warmth in his chest.