Chapter 33: Hi

Xiao Zhan was jittery. There were butterflies in his stomach and ants crawling in his pants. He recently turned thirty years old but right now, he felt like a high schooler with a new crush. God, he was pathetic.

They checked into their rooms an hour ago and Xiao Zhan has been wearing his skiing gears for fifteen minutes. Even though he has created an outline of how he'll approach Yibo and rekindle their relationship, the process of putting on the gears somehow erased all of his agenda. Now, he was staring at his reflection in the mirror and hoping that somehow it'll regain his nerves and brain. Again, that was fifteen minutes ago.

A knock sounded from the door, startling any grain of strength he might have recollected.

"A-Zhan, are you ready?"

"Uncle Xiao, you look great no matter what so can we please head out now," Pei Xin huffed.

Xiao Zhan groaned into his hands for even his bratty nephew was done with his cringe-worthy acts. Xiao Zhan, get yourself together!

"Let's go," He greeted the people outside his room.

"Oh A-Zhan, he won't be done with filming until this evening," Xuan Lu tried to calm his nerves.

"You're enjoying this, aren't you?"

"Very much," Xuan Lu's demonic voice answered.

The family of three met the rest of their group at the training facility. Asides from Xiao Zhan, Yubin, and Fan Xing, everyone else had prior experiences in skiing. That being said, they weren't professionals and all needed a refresher.

Several hours into the lesson and Xiao Zhan became gloomier with each fall. His eyes continuously caught sight of Yubin being lifted into the comfort of Bo Wen's embrace and Fan Xing receiving guidance from Pei Xin. Was it so childish of Xiao Zhan to wish that Yibo was there to support his nonathletic self? Xiao Zhan sighed and removed himself from the group so his bitterness doesn't contaminate other people.

Perhaps it was because of his exhausted muscles that weren't used to such physical activities or simply his self-deprecating emotions, but Xiao Zhan eventually lost sight of his surroundings. The next thing he knew, he was sliding down a hill that he did not remember walking upon. Now, he was treading downward at a hundred miles-per-hour on wobbly legs that were bound to pop out of his hip's sockets before he came to a stop. On one note, his life was flashing before his eyes; the other note was imagining the gremlin look on Yibo's face when he sees Xiao Zhan's detached limbs all because Xiao Zhan has no sense of hand-eye coordination. Just bury me in the snow.

                                                                                                   ~~~~~

"Good job everyone! Let's take a short break and resume shooting near the intermediate slope," the director informed the cast before they exited the bus.

"I'm going to head over there now to practice some more," Yibo informed Zhang Wei.

Zhang Wei knew how stubborn Yibo was when it came to perfecting the sport so he didn't try to stop the man. "Don't overdo it and grab a bite before shooting restart."

"Mn."

Zhang Wei watched Yibo's back disappear behind the resort before he walked back into the building. As the elevator door opened, his gaze landed on Ji Li.

"Zhang Wei-ge, you're back."

"Yeah, we're taking a short break before the next shoot." Zhang Wei saw that Ji Li started looking behind him, assuming that he was searching for Yibo. "He left to practice on his own."