Chapter 17: Home-cooked Meal

As much as Zoey enjoyed watching Xiao Zhan's love life unfold, outsiders can only indulge so long before they start to reflect on their pathetic situation and have to walk away. Zoey exited the department and headed towards Zhuo Cheng's office since she wasn't exactly a single-lonely soul. She needed a reminder that she also had someone who would buy her lunch!

Entering the VIP department, Zoey saw Zhuo Cheng standing at the front desk and gave her greeting. Before he could reply, his focus adjusted to the elevator connecting to the private parking lot. Exiting the elevator was Cheng Xiao and her manager.

"Miss Yu, what brings you here today, " Zoey greeted.

It took Cheng Xiao a moment to registered who Zoey was before answering, "I'm here to follow-up on my ankle."

"I don't think your appointment is today." Zoey may not know Xiao Zhan's schedule to the tee, but she was sure that Cheng Xiao was not on the schedule.

"Ah. I had some free time today and was hoping to get reevaluated instead of waiting until next week since my schedule will be packed then."

"Oh~," Zoey voiced and turned to Zhuo Cheng. Your turn, she silently tagged him.

"Dr. Xiao is fully booked today so we'll have one of our providers up here evaluate you, Miss Yu."

Cheng Xiao was about to reject the idea, but Zhuo Cheng foresaw the reaction and interjected the moment she opened her mouth, "Last time, I abused my power and cleared Dr. Xiao's schedule without prior approval since you are an important patient to us. However, I can't keep disrupting other departments without justifiable reasons. All of our providers are great people and the ones in the VIP lounge are the best of them all." Zhuo Cheng paused and stared into Cheng Xiao's eyes. "Please have faith in them."

Though Cheng Xiao was currently driven by jealousy, she was naturally a good girl who was raised to be respectful and not cause trouble for others. She can clearly hear the scolding tone in Zhuo Cheng's voice and the glare that told her all was final. Either she listened to him or leave. Not wanting to look like a fool with a tail in between her leg, she gave in and followed Zhuo Cheng to a VIP room.

Zoey took the opportunity to return to her office and guide Xiao Zhan somewhere else for the time being. Seeing how Cheng Xiao had "free time" today, Zoey figured she'll show up in front of Xiao Zhan after her evaluation since her goal for entering this hospital was never about her ankle.

When she returned to her department, she decided to engage the children into her game since Wang-er gonzi already used them for his courting. Not seeing either man in sight, Zoey waved Fan Xing over and asked where they were.

"Uncle Xiao is seeing the last patient and uncle Yibo went to the bathroom."

Zoey then called the rest of the boys over, "Hey, are you guys enjoying how your uncles are acting like fools?"

It took a moment for them to register what she was talking about, but once they did they all nodded in agreement.

"Then I need your assistance to keep a potential roadblock out of their sight." She quickly told them about Cheng Xiao's presence and how she needed them to keep YiZhan out of site for the next hour. Fan Xing and Pei Xin agreed instantly since this person was clearly an enemy of their precious uncle.

As for Guo Cheng and Jun Xiang, there was hesitancy since they knew who Cheng Xiao was personally. To them, she was a nice and gentle aunt who brought them presents every time she came over so they liked her. However, when seeing how Yibo treated Xiao Zhan, they understood that their uncle liked this person more than Cheng Xiao since they have never seen their uncle smile this way to anyone outside of the family. It was also the first time they saw him spoiled another person. Just look at all these foods, Guo Cheng never received even half the quantity on his birthdays!