Chapter 34: I Caught You

"Excuse me."

Xuan Lu, Yubin, and Bowen turned towards the voice: Ji Li and He Peng had graced them with their presence. The three people nod their heads at the two, then all five return their gazes to YiZhan.

As much as Ji Li would also like to indulge in this beautiful scene and collect his blackmailing materials, he still has to carry out his job as the manager. He cleared his throat obnoxiously then yelled, "Wang Yibo!"

The interruption earned him a menacing glare, but there was no hiding the happiness that was encapsulating Yibo (metaphorically and physically). "The shooting is about to start." Ji Li had to remind Yibo that he still has a job to complete.

Ah, Yibo blinked. That is right: he was a celebrity who was here to film a show. Such a life felt like a million light-years away, causing Yibo to astonished at his revelation. Staring at the bundle that was still in his arms, he acknowledged that this was what it took to enraptured Yibo's whole being.

Yibo released a contentful sigh and pulled Xiao Zhan in even tighter. With his lips caressing Xiao Zhan's ear, he whispered a promise, "I'll be back."

Xiao Zhan felt a shiver waved down his spine, turning his body more pliant than ever. "Hmn," was all he could muster; nodding his head into Yibo's neck was all he could act on; I'm back was all his brain could process.

~~~~~

If someone asked Xiao Zhan and Yibo to define their relationship in one word, the answer would be Patience.

It was patience that allowed Yibo to step-by-step court Xiao Zhan instead of jumping on the doctor when he understood what these feelings equivalate to. It was patience that convinced Xiao Zhan to tolerate the rumors and wait for Yibo to bring up the subject before making a scene (which didn't do either one of them any good). It was patience that kept their red string of fate intact as the two completely disconnected through the season. Patience continued to withstand all odds as the two counts down the seconds until Yibo returned from filming.

The time has surpassed midnight when Xiao Zhan relocated himself to one of the common lounges. After spending another few hours attempting to ski with the group, Xiao Zhan returned to his room for a much-needed break. That slowly turned into an eternity of fiddling with his thumbs until the sun was fast asleep. Unable to strive in the tension that was building up in the room, he decided to wait in one of the more discreet common lounges where he would be able to hear when the crew returned.

Since it was still in the early season with most of the guests being the staff of the show, Xiao Zhan was able to claim a full lounge for himself. With a warm glass of hot chocolate in hand, Xiao Zhan was wrapped in warmth from the comforting hearth. It was a good distraction, allowing his mind to waver with the flames and his lungs to open up to the fragrance of crackling wood. Xiao Zhan couldn't wait for Yibo to share this moment with him.

"Zhan-ge."

Xiao Zhan froze at the sudden sound that crashed through his silence.

Thumb. Thumb. Thumb.

The sound of footsteps intensified along with Xiao Zhan's palpitation.

Even though he came to this resort in search of Yibo, even though they've already come into contact a few hours ago, even though he chose to sit out here waiting for the man; Xiao Zhan still had difficulty grasping the reality that Wang Yibo was so, so close.

A hand landed lightly onto his left shoulder, causing Xiao Zhan to close his eyes. Was it because he was afraid to confirm his wish: He doesn't know. What he noticed instead was his heightened sense remembering how that hand, one that can consume both of his with their single grasp, sets a shiver down his spine. He felt the hand gently wrapped around his arm, sliding downward as the owner circled in front of him.