Chapter 16: Let the Chase Begin!

A quarter after one at a four-star cafe sat Mrs. Yu and Mrs. Wang, enjoying their afternoon tea that occurred on a monthly basis. It wasn't an exaggeration to say that they treated each other as in-laws since they had high hopes for YiXiao to get married someday. It was fairly common for them to bring up this topic, but today, Mrs. Yu arrived with a mission. Since her discussion with Cheng Xiao, she had decided to set the event in motion with Mrs. Wang.

"Yibo came by yesterday," Mrs. Yu commented.

"He did? About time, that child of mine! It's been a while since he pays his respects to you and Mr. Yu."

"Cheng Xiao sprained her ankle during filming and Yibo brought her back home afterward."

"Oh~ those two. My son may be cold, but he has his sweet moments too. Especially towards Cheng Xiao."

"They are reaching a good age for marriage. Now that their careers are stable, I think we should start planning for it. If we keep leaving things to them, I'll never see any grandkids before I die."

"Don't say that you're still young. There's plenty of time for you to see a grandchild."

"Of course you're not in a rush, you already have two thanks to Hai Kuan."

Mrs. Wang laughed at Mrs. Yu's jealousy. She was grateful that Hai Kuan presented her with two grandchildren, but it doesn't mean that she wasn't expectant towards Yibo. With their goal of becoming grandmothers set, the two ladies decided to push YiXiao towards marriage by doing all of the hard work for them. They figured that the two were too busy to plan for a wedding so the ladies will just figure everything out and present the options for YiXiao to decide. With this plan, a baby ought to smile at them within two years' time! No one should underestimate the power of grandparents.

~~~~~

While one plot was rolling in action, the target for that plan was establishing his own agenda: chasing after Xiao Zhan.

It took a few days for Ji Li to provide Yibo with ideas on what to gift Xiao Zhan with. Once he heard the information, Yibo realized that he knew most of it already through his phone conversations with Xiao Zhan. At first, he was planning to spend more time with the man to build their relationship. What this made him realized was that most of the road has already been paved through their casual interactions. For the first time, Yibo admitted that he was a fool. A fool who didn't realize his feelings while acting in such manners. Then, a part of Yibo wondered if Xiao Zhan was the same way.

Once Yibo decided on a gift, he sent Xiao Zhan a message, smiling at how he imagined Xiao Zhan would react once he read the text.

[WYB: Zhan-ge, I want to send you something. You can decide to receive it at work, or tell me your address]

This little kid, was Xiao Zhan's first thought when he read the message. Before he could reply, Yubin appeared behind.

"Who are you texting?"

Xiao Zhan unsmoothly shut down the screen and shoved his phone in his pocket, causing Yubin to narrowed his eyes in suspicion.

"What are you hiding?"

"Nothing. And it's none of your business," Xiao Zhan replied and walked away.

"Sassy," Zoey stepped up next to Yubin. "And suspicious."

When Xiao Zhan stepped off the elevator to his apartment's floor that evening, there was a large bouquet of lotus flowers. At a loss of words as to why Yibo would send him a gift, why flowers, and why lotus flowers, Xiao Zhan simply picked up the bouquet and entered his apartment.