Chapter 19: School Festival - Part II

A flash of light pulled YiZhan from their trance, their selective hearing slowly doused with nearby voices.

"Such handsome people!"

"Isn't that Wang Yibo?"

"Of course it's Wang Yibo, where do you think we are?"

"Oh yeah..."

"Who's the other person?"

Xiao Zhan often forgot how famous Yibo was until moments like this. It wasn't a big deal really and Xiao Zhan even considered himself a fan. However, he wouldn't say that he is comfortable with the attention place on him, especially when he was such a normal, boring person.

Seeing the discomfort on Xiao Zhan's face, Yibo reached for his wrist and gently lead the way into Gusu's ground.

Feeling the warmth on his wrist, Xiao Zhan instantly felt at ease and allowed himself to be lured into the unknown. A part of him still lingered onto that discomfort, but he forced it aside for he wanted to indulge himself next to Yibo tonight.

Before disappearing from the fans/students' sight, Yibo gave them a warning look over his shoulder.

"Delete the pictures," A current student commanded when he met Yibo's gaze.

"What?! But I might not get a second chance!"

"If you want to be a student here then delete it and never do something so foolish again!"

The Gusu system, land, corporation, or clan; however people wanted to refer to them as was a power to be known and respected. One of the basic principles that needed to be adhered to once you stepped onto their privatized premises was that everyone will be given their privacy and respect. At no circumstances will images, conversations, or information that took place on Gusu ground be distributed for mass entertainment without authorization. This was a heavily weighted rule considering that most of the students and visitors held high statuses in society and scandals can be created from a simple cough. Gusu was an educational system, not an entertainment platform.

It was based on this principle that current celebrities (who may have been Gusu's alumni) enjoyed attending Gusu events where they can be at ease with the lack of paparazzi. This was also why Yibo didn't hesitate to ask Xiao Zhan out on a date and openly laced their hands in public, not that he cared about what others thought to begin with. Any consideration Yibo had was to ensure Xiao Zhan's comfort and safety. Not to mentioned, he was the Wang-er gonzi of the Gusu clan.

Xiao Zhan looked at their interlocked fingers and felt more conscious of their relationship amongst the crowded festivities. "Yibo," Xiao Zhan pulled lightly. When Yibo looked at him, Xiao Zhan expressed his concern, "Won't your fans..."

"It's alright," Yibo reassured. "In Gusu, we are all normal people."

Xiao Zhan's mind flickered with Xuan Lu's words 'love makes you crazy', for he can't explain why Yibo's words made him felt that everything will be alright. Let it be the paparazzi or if the land around them was burning in flames, with Yibo's confirmation, Xiao Zhan will be at ease.

                                                                                             ~~~~~

As the shadows of YiZhan disappeared into the school ground, Li Bowen was awaiting for his newfound boyfriend to exit the car with his sister and 'not-yet brother-in-law'. Bowen has only been with Yubin for a few months so meeting the family like this would have made most people fairly nervous. Fortunately, Bowen had prior practices from all the teacher-parents conferences that were part of his job AND one of Yubin's family members happened to be his student. Being the perfect gentleman that Fan Xing will be one day, the child had already eased all of Bowen's nervousness in meeting the Aunt General.