Chapter 13: Investigation Part I - Who is He/She

Yibo woke up the next day in cloud-nine, completely unaware of his surroundings. He has no memories of waking up, eating breakfast, or when Ji Li had entered his apartment. Yibo would have continued his ethereal state if Ji Li didn't comment on how 'such a great man as Xiao Zhan hasn't been claimed by 'some beauty' already'. This statement ignited a spark in Yibo, He may not be interested, but that doesn't mean that she wasn't chasing after him.

"Ji Li," Yibo interrupted. "There's someone I need you to look into."

Ji Li stared at Yibo with a blank face, Oi, Wang-er gongzi. I'm your manager, not a detective.

Not hearing Ji Li's internal complaint, nor would Yibo cared if he did, he continued with his demands. "She's a doctor who works in the Internal Medicine department at Yunmeng. Her given name is Zoey. Find out everything about her... like, if she's in a relationship or if she's chasing someone."

Normally, Ji Li would assume the requester was interested in this 'Zoey'. However, Yibo doesn't have an interest in people... scratch that. Asides from Dr. Xiao, there's no other interest. This led to the second reason: Internal Medicine was where Dr. Xiao works. In other words, Yibo wanted to investigate Xiao Zhan's private affair.

So this is your true color.

~~~~~

At Yunmeng Hospital, Xiao Zhan had just entered the hospital's entrance when he was ambushed by the Meng siblings. With Yubin's arm over his shoulders and Zoey's arm wrapped around his, there was no chance of escape if he attempted to.

"Speak," Yubin demanded. There was no need for formalities since they have not clocked in for work yet.

"Everything," Zoey inputted.

Xiao Zhan fluttered his eyes in contemplation on his current status. Even though he really didn't want to expose his personal matters, he does work alongside these two gossipers. Either he conformed to the peer pressure at this time, or give in later after a full day(s) of pestering.

They say to not 'kiss and tell', but poor Xiao Zhan has to break that code after the first dinner. He doesn't even know if it's considered a date and nothing really happened. Imagine when things do get intimate. Hopefully, his dear friends leave those events alone...not that Xiao Zhan's thoughts were going down that path at this time.

Once Xiao Zhan finished relaying his evening, he felt more exhausted than giving a speech in front of the medical staff. Zoey was drowning in laughter and Yubin felt perplexed at the idea that his sister and Xiao Zhan could be a couple.

Yubin shivered at the image. Granted that his sister was a 'smart and gorgeous lady that no others can possibly compare to and he is grateful to have such a sister in his life', the kind-hearted Xiao Zhan deserved better. Zhuo Cheng chose his deathbed so Yubin can only pray for that man.

"Hahaha, I can't believe the great Wang-er gongzi was jealous of me. Oh, if all of his fans know about this...hahaha." Zoey continued to enjoy this misunderstanding throughout the day. As a matter of fact, a mischievous thought occurred to her: Just how jealous can Wang Yibo get?

~~~~~

It has been over a week since Cheng Xiao had someone investigate the person who was catching Yibo's interest. To her surprised, the profile she received was of a doctor whom Yibo met during his hospitalization a month ago. She couldn't fathom how this individual could change her ge-ge in such a short amount of time. There has to be someone else; that, or this man was playing some trick to get near Yibo.