Chapter 9: Cheng Xiao's Suspicion

Time was passing by slowly as hours turned to days; days turned into weeks. Xiao Zhan and Yibo's text messages had increased in both content and time frame. There were even instances of phone calls, chit-chatting about any topics that popped into their heads at the moment. While the two men were encased in their bubble, still not realizing where this was leading them; their close family and friends watched happily on the sideline as the story unfolds.

Yibo was slowly reintegrating himself back into his work and Ji Li reclaimed one of his roles as Yibo's chauffeur. Yibo would visit the studio a few times a week to discuss his projects with other staff and slowly regained his dancing skills. On one such occasion, Cheng Xiao joined Yibo since they have a variety show appearance together at the end of the week. They usually performed a couple's dance routine since the YiXiao fans would skyrocket the rating for those episodes.

"Gege, you seem to have fully recovered. I can hardly tell that you were injured," Cheng Xiao commented. Yibo was the best dancer in the whole company so even when he was injured, his movements would simply lower to normal people's level. Cheng Xiao knew this long ago so her words were expressing her happiness that Yibo was recovering well.

Yibo smiled and nodded his head.

"Gege, you also seemed happier than before." For someone who grew up with Yibo, Cheng Xiao can differentiate the minute changes in Yibo's expressions. Today, Cheng Xiao noticed that Yibo's demeanor was warmer, more approachable. His smiles were occurring more often, lasting longer, and seemed to reach his eyes at times. Cheng Xiao couldn't possibly imagine anything or anyone to cause this change in her Yibo. Though she was grateful to see such expressions on him, she couldn't help but felt discomfort in her chest since the reason wasn't her.

Yibo was, of course, oblivious to his own changes so Cheng Xiao's words made him reflect on these past few weeks. When the image of a certain doctor kept appearing in those memories, he was slightly surprised but was more pleased to see such images. Still not realizing what it meant, Yibo simply refocused his mind back into the dance practice.

Cheng Xiao was watching Yibo on the sideline and became more intrigued when she noticed that Yibo seemed to realized something. As per usual, Yibo doesn't say anything to her so she could only return her focus back to their practice as well.

Once their practice ended, Cheng Xiao wanted to resume their conversation but Ji Li walked into the dance room. Cheng Xiao exited the room and Ji Li proceeded to inform Yibo of his schedule for the following week.

"Next Monday is your one-month follow-up." Yibo was wiping off his sweat when this reminder caught his full attention. At the same time, Yibo's phone vibrated for an incoming text message.

[Zhange: Reminder that you have a check-up next Monday at 3 P.M]

After a few weeks of messaging each other, Yibo had the urge to change Xiao Zhan's name in his contact to 'Zhange'.

[YB: Thanks Zhan-ge! I totally forgot about it]

"Yibo, did you hear me," Ji Li questioned when he didn't hear a confirmation. When he looked up, he noticed a smiling Yibo looking at his phone. Hmm, interesting...I bet my money that the other party is a certain doctor.

Poor Ji Li who was completely ignored and would have felt worse if he saw Yibo's reply. This kid just deliberately turned him into a useless manager who couldn't even remind his client of their doctor's appointment!

~~~~~

The variety-show that Yibo and Cheng Xiao have to attend focuses on various fields of artistry such as food decoration, costume designs, or music production. In today's episode, the theme was 'home-made lunch boxes'. There was a recent trend from Japan in which parents create colorful lunch boxes to encourage their children to eat a variety of food. Of course, this also appealed to adults which can be seen from various online posts about people's own creations.