Chapter 22: Rumors

When Xiao Zhan and Chuyue finished their performance, the two men walked off the stage, heading towards their makeup area. They were soon greeted by family and friends who were too excited to congratulate them instead of watching the remaining concert.

Yibo, of course, had the honor to present the first gift as the number one devotee: a bouquet of lotus flowers.

Xiao Zhan accepted the flowers with all the memories that felt so long ago: the first gift that Yibo ever gave him. Somewhere along these few months, Xiao Zhan also learned to not question how Yibo managed to do certain things like "when did he had time to pick up lotus flowers". Instead, he just said "Thank You" and allowed himself to drown in Yibo's embrace.

A few minutes later, the rest of the crew appeared, praising Xiao Zhan left and right.

"Uncle Xiao, that was amazing!"

"I didn't know you could sing so well Doctor Xiao."

"If you're interested, I can make you a top grade singer Dr. Xiao!"

"You've gained a few thousand fans tonight I'm sure."

Xiao Zhan smiled bashfully at the praises, neither agreeing nor trying to downplay it. After all, he did feel proud of his performance tonight: but not enough to enter the entertainment world.

Xiao Zhan said his farewell to Chuyue who promised to treat him out in the future. However, they were unable to exchange contact numbers because Yibo dragged him away before Chuyue had the chance. "So possessive," Chuyue thought, but it didn't matter since he can ask Wang Laoshi for Xiao Zhan's number.

YiZhan, F4, Zoey, Zhuocheng, Yubin, and Bowen didn't care to stay for the rest of the concert and rather spend time exploring the festival. It was a good opportunity since the crowd has been minimized, allowing them to enjoy the various food and attractions more. Leaving the backstage, they split up into their original group/duo.

                                                                                                       ~~~~~

Xiao Zhan woke up the next morning in a daze, spending more time than usual to get out of bed since he needed to process yesterday's event. Truthfully, he was leaning towards it being a dream since too many miraculous events occurred: Yibo wearing a yukata, him and Yibo wearing yukatas, it was a date, they had a date on Gusu, he saw Yibo's sensual dance, and HE sang on stage... one of these was already abnormal. It had to be a dream, Xiao Zhan accepted the reality with a hint of disappointment and mocking laughter towards himself.

His phone played a tune that was set specifically for Yibo. Speak of the devil.

"Morning."

"Morning," Yibo greeted back with a dash of delight at the end of his tone. Xiao Zhan can just see Yibo's quirky face, questioning why he was still in bed.

"Hey, Yibo."

"Hmn."

Xiao Zhan hesitated, "I had this dream last night..."

"It wasn't a dream Zhan-ge."

If Xiao Zhan didn't feel a flutter in his stomach when Yibo called him as he was thinking about the man, the butterflies have now burst all around at how the man was able to understand Xiao Zhan's mind so well.

"Ah," was all that Xiao Zhan was able to sound before burying himself under his blanket as the memories and adrenaline of last night's performance trickled back into his brain.